Wiggle woes

My latest woe is a quick cheap camera i bought from Argos
Their catalog and web had scant details on the cameras features and what i needed to know was did it have a tripod. Eventually found the details on the makers website and the tripod fitting was there :D
Like a mug i didnt research it fully and went off and bought said cheap camera
My old fuji is 5.2mp and this new one was 14mp so again like a mug i take that as meaning ill get a better picture than my old fuji and its been 7 years so would expect the spec to have increased and the prices to decrease

Got it home and it was in a blister pack so you couldnt read the documentation without first opening it.
Long story short, turned out that even mounted to a tripod the pics are all blurred,out of focus and actually over exposed.
Pathetic, utter rubbish
The camera comes totally bare , no batteries, no sd card. I bought these 2 from Maplin.
Upon returning it to argos they tell me its excluded from the guarantee because info or personal info would normally be stored on such a device and for privacy sake was excluded.
I point out that the SD card you need to buy so without one being bought and fitted there would be no info. The staff member then tried in every way possible to refuse a refund eventually settling first on the fact id opened it
I point out the cameras features arent all printed on the pack and to gain access to the included documents you must open it
Staff points out the catalog saying 'well if it isnt listed in the descript then it doesnt have it as not all cameras share the same features. I point out that there is a tripod mount and invite her to show me where in the catalog,description on web or even on the camera packaging where it states tripod and if it doesnt then thats another piss poor argument.
Ended up leaving, camera in hand very unhappy and on Saturday emailed Argos head office. Im expecting an email from them today.
Ive stuck with fuji and ordered the AX650 from Jessops online. Hopefully get it by wed.

Im also going to email vivitar and complain as to why they claim its a great camera when every review ive since read list it as blurry out of focus and over exposed piece of shite. I have looked at hundreds of bad reviews on this, ive only seen one positive and that was from an ebay seller you sells them

I think about 80% of the time it goes right but if youre unlucky then its a real headache.

Back