Wiggle woes

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I thought I'd share my recent experiences with Wiggle, as a warning to others.
About a month ago, I ordered a set of Thomson carbon bars. I had been given a voucher for my Birthday, so thought I'd splash out on something nice for my new bike.
I placed the order, and at the same time ordered a matching stem and seat clamp from CRC.
2 days later all of the kit from CRC had arrived, but no sign of the bars.
3 further days later I get an email from DPD saying that there was a problem with the delivery. They hinted that the item had never arrived from Wiggle.
I contacted their customer service department and was promised that another set would be sent out straight away.
I waited another 4 days...and then was away when they tried to deliver.
I was only away 2 days, so contacted DPD on my return and arranged to collect the bars from their depot.
2 hours later I get an email saying they've been returned to Wiggle.
I again contacted customer services. I even offered to collect the bars from their depot, as I was working nearby that day.
I was told they'd contact me as soon as they were in...the next contact I got was notification of a refund.
I again contacted customer services and explained that I didn't want a refund, I wanted my bars.
I also explained that I'd bought other kit to match.
Re-order them then, was the response.
OK I thought. I log onto their website....out of stock :evil:
I contact them again and ask what they propse to do about honouring the purchase. I offered them a way out...send me the titanium bars instead (worth a try ;) )
2 days later I get a response saying the bars are back in stock and they will again process my voucher refund so I can place the order.
In the end I sorted it out myself before they sold out again.
I ordered another pair and paid extra for them to be delivered to a local shop, so I could collect.
Wiggle spotted this and emailed me to say well done. There was no offer of any refund for extra postage or for the agro caused.
I had to email them again with a complaint before they refunded me the £8 I was out of pocket.
Now, I can see that a lot of this issue is probably down to them using DPD, but they choose to do this so I still see it as a Wiggle issue.
They've certainly lost a customer in me. I'd never rely on them for anything again.
Rant over :xmas-wink:

I think I may have mentioned it on here before but DPD messed me around too. I was waiting for a delivery and called the depot after noting the status went from 'out for delivery' to 'carded'. The van did not come anywhere near. Turns out the driver just went back to the depot and carded the delivery, without actually coming to the address and leaving a card.

They asked how I knew, and I explained we are up a half mile track with no other dwellings and have CCTV.

They apologised and assured the driver would be given a warning.

Clowns!

That is a bit harsh. Wiggle choose whichever carrier they want - the fact is you were not in when DPD delivered is hardly Wiggle's fault.

The palava afterwards is not Wiggle's fault - bars were returned to Wiggle and you were refunded. It still cost Wiggle to post them out to you, I doubt DPD refunded the cost of postage to Wiggle. You are unreasonable expecting Wiggle to keep an inifinite number of very itme in stock so you cannot blame Wiggle for being out of stock when you tried to reorder.

There was no reason why Wiggle had to refund you the £8 to deliver to your local shop - pleaase explain why you think they should.

I have no connection with Wiggle. I had major **** ups buying a bike from them - bike was on sale, I put in voucher order, order was cancelled, then reordered, then cancelled, then price went up blah blah ... after a lot of emails, they honoured the original price and voucher plus gave me a few quid as a sweetner for the aggro. Yes it was annoying but they did sort it out in the end with a few quid in my direction.

Welcome to the world of mail order my little fluffy bunnykins. If you want instant delivery, go to the LBS but be prepared to pay circa 30% more.

Re:

i think that's a little harsh as a response 02gf74.

makster orders something, it doesn't arrive (when he was in) contacts the delivery company and "they hint wiggle hadn't sent it", which suggests wiggle are in the wrong, but to then refund the item when you actually wanted it as opposed to asking for a refund seems daft to me. for it then to be sent out later but makster wasn't in, well he would have been if it had been delivered as originally intended.

seems to me that wiggle made a cock up, then the delivery company also suck a bit for not being able to collect it from them.

"They hint" why would dpd cakl abojt sn item they have not.

Maybe it was harsh but lets wait until we hear from wiggle and dpd before we reach a conclusion.

Of the mail order companies I've used, I've had more issues with Wiggle than the likes of CRC, Merln etc. I seem to end up with the wrong item, especially when ordering clothes. But I do think their text alert system is good.

Glad you managed to get it all sorted out in the end.

I've given up with Wiggle.

I mainly use Evans, and while they're not faultless I've found t ha picking up up phone and speaking to a human being results every time in a swift ans satisfactory resolution to and issues, which is fair enough.

Re:

I bought an SDG Ti saddle from Wiggle. No complaints with delivery but the saddle had been crammed into a cardboard box which was far too small (never have that problem with CRC :LOL: ). Whoever had packaged it had had to bend and snap the backing card and there were dirty marks all over the saddle. Not great for a £75 saddle that was to be a gift. Not being able to talk with someone was my biggest gripe. It took and age to sort out via email.

Latest posts

Back