** Whyte PRST-4 **

The looks are somewhat challenging, but the ride is little short of amazing. It's not perfect, and does require a different riding style to riding with telescopic forks, but it's very rewarding. Modern shocks transform it though, and go a long way to dialling out the complaints people had about the front end under braking. Something like a fox RP23 is perfect.

Mikes old frame;
9ABE79D9-4844-4004-878A-F6E31E3AEA84_zpsibpwvhgb.jpg

Now looks a little different;
7758E8F5-E6E0-4074-B30D-17D60C324A02_zpsbk1rfd0l.jpg

24AC6C99-832B-4291-98B1-4F8680AE6455_zpscfzc2xzz.jpg

Naturally, like every project on retrobikes, it's not finished yet. :)
I've yet to finish redrawing the original graphics so the orange Whyte logo was thrown on for a charity bike ride last summer.

Re:

today i built up the preston with my 11 speed XTR and wide carbon bars, and boy is it good! :D

it seems a classic and unique design with modern running gear makes for a great bike! :cool:

Attachments

• w6.jpg
    w6.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,197
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1,197
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,197
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,197
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 1,197
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 1,197
Re:

Again i have to say these bikes are one of the best and is on the wish list :LOL:
and once again you'v done a sweet job on this one , you do like your linkages don't you :!:

The blue re-painted one with the orange decals looks really cool!
Judging by the tower of spacers people run with them I would say the head-tube area has room for tremendous design improvements whilst keeping the linkages the same.
If I ever win the lottery I would like to take a crack at re-designing a version of this bike in carbon fiber. Linkage overkill for the win!

syncrosfan":zjz5rh4a said:
The blue re-painted one with the orange decals looks really cool!
Judging by the tower of spacers people run with them I would say the head-tube area has room for tremendous design improvements whilst keeping the linkages the same.
If I ever win the lottery I would like to take a crack at re-designing a version of this bike in carbon fiber. Linkage overkill for the win!

Thanks, one day I'll actually finish it and get the rest of the orange stripes on it.

That tower of spacers is in fact just one spacer, much needed because at full compression, there's not a lot of clearance in between the top of the forks and the bars;

134856b3d220474b39a9f2b902802753.jpg

If you ever do that carbon version, count me in ;)

"That tower of spacers is in fact just one spacer, much needed because at full compression, there's not a lot of clearance in between the top of the forks and the bars"
Thought as much! I think the engineering behind it is brilliant just needs an extra loop of designing to make it more appealing.
May I suggest a couple of titanium bolts for the stem? ;)
Maybe one day I'll make a photoshop rendering of the side-view: Whyte PRST-5

Re:

its a 19 inch frame with a 22.5 inch top tube
all bearings seem good an i've just fitted a brand new PB10 spherical bearing
there are a few marks/scratches from usage (not from me because i've only ridden it round the block since it got it from GSB!) :oops:
but, overall it's in nice condition
will get some pics once i get the opportunity to strip it back down :face palm:

£350 posted

SOLD

Back