Why yes it is. 1991 GT zaskar

Be a good build up.
the anodised zaskars I had were smart,
But the ball burnished always looks just right
Small frame chunkyness of the ubrake and black stem,bars and some matching onza barends looks 👍🏻

Hopefully. I've just ordered some new decals and am waiting impatiently for the call from the painter to tell me the forks, stem and bars are ready.

Hopefully. I've just ordered some new decals and am waiting impatiently for the call from the painter to tell me the forks, stem and bars are ready.
Are you going with black on the forks etc.
What’s the other parts your looking to go with for final build up

Are you going with black on the forks etc.
What’s the other parts your looking to go with for final build up

Yes, black for the forks, bars and stem. the build kit is going to be some M732 kit that I have left over from a previous build - but with thumbies rather than STI's. I haven' got any wheels sorted out yet. the ones that came with it are low rent, but actually cleaned up OK, but I'll put some nicer later wheel on to get it rolling.

this is where I'm at as of 10 minutes ago...

1689360783439.png

Did you order your decals from Gil? I’m in two minds with mine. It needs a really, really good clean and polish. It does have some of the original decals hanging in but they’re not great and I guess the polishing will make them even worse

Did you order your decals from Gil? I’m in two minds with mine. It needs a really, really good clean and polish. It does have some of the original decals hanging in but they’re not great and I guess the polishing will make them even worse
Yes. I've kept the downtube logo intact but the rest were pretty far gone anyway.

One cool thing about the early GTs was the triple trak front end. This consisted of the 2x4 fork which was adjustable for range, the flip flop stem which could be flipped into a higher or lower riding position.

Both of those were a bit gimmicky , but the final part is a locking headset which had a third lock nut which screwed onto to the top nut to lock it in place. I've no idea whether it works, but it seems like a useful thing to have on threaded headset.

Luckily this zaskar has all three components. Two came with the bike and one was karma'd from the states.

PXL_20230719_194234606.jpg

Back