who made box brake levers?

onza100

Retrobike Rider
PoTY Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a pair of these. the have a birth date of 20-02-97 engraved on them and BOX above it.
Anyone know anything about them?

DSC04870.jpg

DSC04871.jpg

Danny Sotelo owned Box, he was the key designer behind Onza (as you probably know!)

Nice levers, retailed for £200 in the UK! :shock:

onza100":3il74ak7 said:
ah thanks for that. Hopefully they should sell well then!

Have a look at ebay and search for sold items, AFAIK someone bought all the bits from the manufacturer and periodically sells them for around £125 I think.

kaiser":2qq9ups8 said:
onza100":2qq9ups8 said:
ah thanks for that. Hopefully they should sell well then!

Have a look at ebay and search for sold items, AFAIK someone bought all the bits from the manufacturer and periodically sells them for around £125 I think.

close, simon connell bought all the remaining stock, sold a lot on this forum & ebay & the rest went to the guy now randomly selling them on ebay with the previously missing barrel adjusters replaced with newly machined versions.

anyone remember the 18.8lb merlin xlm advertised in cambriabike.com around 99? I rode that bike & aside from the mega low weight it also had those Box levers... took me a while to find a pair ;)

But what are they actually (ergonomically) compatible with and what bike/s do they look 'right' on... yet to discover these truths for my pair...

Mr K

Re: .

mrkawasaki":2gzp2bcg said:
But what are they actually (ergonomically) compatible with and what bike/s do they look 'right' on... yet to discover these truths for my pair...

Mr K

single speeds ;)

Re: .

mrkawasaki":30rkl5qu said:

Mr K

Got some on my 'Dale but they are a bit too 'chunky' for it I think.....

(lovely to use though)

Attachments

• DSCF1236rb.jpg
    DSCF1236rb.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,049
Back