White Industries groupo

Re:

Superb collection of White Industries :cool:

Those derailleurs definitely fall under the category Innovative (or dare to think differently just because you want to be different). Never seen them in real life, but wonder how efficient, fast and reliable the shifting performance really is.

Design and finish are totally amazing. I really love the cranks and hubs; definitely favorites. Chainrings are simply cool :!:

Where did you get those self-extracting bolts from. Seems not to be available as separates judging from WI homepage?

K.

Needs a bike Swede... what’s the plan?

Re:

Good question! For this build it all about connections and making it as complicated as possible...

White Industries and Rock Shox collaborated on the hubs, so it made sense to use the the RX calipers which are essentially AMP D1's. With that connection I picked up a B5 a couple of years ago, which turned out it needed quite a bit of work. The picture below is the eBay image but I didn't notice until it arrived that the seat mast had been cut down or that all of the DU bushes had been daubed with silicone bathroom sealant :facepalm: .

Just need the WI inner & middle chainrings, rims, saddle and tyres. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_7193.JPG
    IMG_7193.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG_9070.JPG
    IMG_9070.JPG
    419.7 KB · Views: 990
Oh boy, that’s gonna look stunning...... let’s agree not to park them in the same BotM ok?

My Woman’s Institute want list;

Inner & middle ring (I’ve seen the same WI inner ring reducer you have, for sale on eBay, but I’m worried that the FD-M950’s cage won’t cope/hang low enough, especially if we have to drop to a 28t rear)
Those tasty brass one key crank bolts....
I managed to find some cheap (relatively) urban platforms in Tucson, Arizona that need some TLC when they eventually get here, via Phoenix, then Los Angeles (sat there for 7 weeks :shock:) eventually surfacing in Chicago and left there at the end of May... now I assume on a slow boat to Liverpool....

Re:

A set of rings came up a couple of years ago but the guy (in Germany I think) wanted £200 for them which was too much for me so I'm still looking.

You went for the pedals - cool. I thought about it but decided I only switch them to SPD's as they don't look too practical for a mountain bike.

Re: Re:

Swede":1pc1meh3 said:
A set of rings came up a couple of years ago but the guy (in Germany I think) wanted £200 for them which was too much for me so I'm still looking.

You went for the pedals - cool. I thought about it but decided I only switch them to SPD's as they don't look too practical for a mountain bike.

My 90's glued frame's going nowhere near a mountain! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Re:

Swede":q7spl198 said:

You went for the pedals - cool. I thought about it, but decided I'd only switch them to SPD's as they don't look too practical for a mountain bike.

Back