White Industries groupo

syncrosfan":28437lbk said:
The missus still knows! That guilt eating away at you... The lies about what great of a deal it was (slash a digit of the price you actually paid)...
What frame is this kit actually going on? Polished alloy? Something along the Manitou HT or FS lines?
A guilty secret that I'll have to take to the grave!

As AMP sold their disc brake IP to Rockshox (the patent number is stamped on the hub bodies), I thought I’d go AMP as there’s a nice link. However, I can’t make up my mind as to which model to go for. It doesn’t even need to be a full AMP bike as the rear end and forks would do; choices, choices!

one-eyed_jim":1g6xboaf said:
I believe the "spooler" needs a top-swing M950 or M952 front mech. I think I've got the instructions somewhere - I'll have a hunt around - but there are pictures of the installation here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=159226&start=10
Thanks, I had some correspondence with Adriano a couple of months ago about the cable housing but not about the mech.

The reason I believe you can use either is that I'm assuming the two pivot pins look very similar when the spring & cover plates have been removed(?); just a guess.

Attachments

• bottom_pull.JPG
    bottom_pull.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,997
  • top_pull.jpg
    top_pull.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,997
  • WI spooler.JPG
    WI spooler.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,997
Swede":1v96tpze said:
The reason I believe you can use either is that I'm assuming the two pivot pins look very similar when the spring & cover plates have been removed(?); just a guess.
Sorry, I misread your question. Yes, the spooler works with either top-pull or bottom-pull. The two units are identical apart from the swing arm, which mounts to the same pins.

Im intrigued by those shifters :?

Can I have some more pics please :D

I've only ever had the hubs and the cranks.

I have a set of wheels with White Industries hubs but never knew they made mechs too. (I remember popping into my local bike shop when they first came out and the owner handing me a rear hub and telling me how much it cost. And me being staggered when he told me he'd already sold a couple!). They are things of beauty.

Regards the guilt thingy, I once saw a quote (was in respect of guitars, but it still works) "My worst fear is that when I die my wife will sell my things for what I told her they cost."

dyna-ti":1gpn2fta said:
Im intrigued by those shifters :?

Can I have some more pics please :D

I've only ever had the hubs and the cranks.
I've not broken down the front shifter but you should get the idea from the rear. The (very long) cable leaves the shifter, goes around the spooler or tiny roller at the back of the rear mech and then back to the shifter. Not sure yet if it makes any difference where you start within the shifter i.e. the inner or outer cable channel; I guess we'll find out when I finally put it onto something.

Attachments

• IMG_5643.JPG
    IMG_5643.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,804
  • IMG_5642.JPG
    IMG_5642.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,804
  • IMG_5641.JPG
    IMG_5641.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,804
  • IMG_5640.JPG
    IMG_5640.JPG