Which to sell advise please

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Now im driving for work im not using my two ravens as much as I'd like and even though I don't really need to sell it seems a massive waste to have them both doing nothing.
I love them both(yes I mean real love lol) so if I do go through with selling one of them I cant decide which to sell so what do you guys think.

I started off with a mk1 raven with fatty fork which made me fall in love with the model but Im not a big fan of the Vbrake wheels on offer and being a heavy guy I didn't completely trust my spinergies fully. I had a Jekyll at the time with lefty which I got on with really well so bought a lefty for the raven.
ly4m.jpg

It looked nice but I thought the fatty looked better so kept my eye open for a mk2 raven which I think suited the lefty better.
I sold the mk1 and bought a 2000sl in blue which was factory spec, built it up and although riding was perfect I wasn't overly keen on the colour.
10p7.jpg

o3jr.jpg

So when a 4000sl in bare carbon came up I snapped it up and went to work. Ive upgraded it as much as I could to the spec it is now.
I like older frames with modern parts so purists probably wont approve of either bike lol

So the first one is
4000sl with 110sl speed carbon fork
upgraded fox rp2 rear shock
2012 mavic crossmax slr wheels with red hubs
shwalbe 2.1 furious fred evo tyres
shimano xtr m985 brakes with 160mm hope saw floating discs in black
shimano xtr m970 shifters
shimano xtr m971 front mech
shimano xtr m972 carbon rear mech
shimano xtr m985 crank set
crank brothers 50/50 2 pedals
shimano xtr m960 cassette
cannondale Si one piece stem
raceface next carbon low risers
nukeproof grips
raceface next sl seat post
flite evolution carbon and titanium saddle

never weighed it but it is very light

u5x1.jpg

5pzg.jpg

kp6b.jpg

As I loved the one above so much I craved another to build up, I had a white lefty spare so wanted to do a white and red build. I picked up 800 that needed some tlc as all the laquer was flaking from the carbon and the rear triangle need respraying.
I stripped the frame back to carbon(very long and tedious job) and had the rear powedered white. Still not got round to stickering it up yet.
So here is the 2nd one

800 with 2012 left ultra PBR
upgraded fox rp2 rear shock
2013 mavic crossmax slr with white hubs
Hotster electra white wall tyres with flame pattern grip(cheesy I know)
magura marta sl brakes in white and red with carbon levers. 180mm superstar floating discs
sram XO carbon shifters with red paddles
shimano xtr m971 front mech(m950 to be fitted as current one catches if small ring use so running 1x9 at present)
sram XO red and carbon(blackbox) rear mech
controltech double play carbon crank set
prodidgy flat pedals
sram pg-990 cassette with red spider
cannondale OPI stem
funn riser bars
nukeproof grips
zzyzx carbon seat post with white and red upper section
white nukeproof saddle( saddle and post not fitted as saddle still in packet, Been using a crappy saddle and post to pull my daughters tag-a-long)

Bit heavier than the other but im 19stone so makes no difference really
tz84.jpg

bbyz.jpg

fpcr.jpg

so if you HAD to decide which would you choose, the both ride really well. The 800 is better suited in the dry but still rides fine when ive been caught out in the rain coming home from work and its wet. To be honest I haven't really tried either in really bad weather as I don't like using them when it is nasty outside.
I might just end up keeping them both but at the moment my mrs thinks the money that I would get from one could be put to better use and I cant really put an argument up with her.
I don't really want to strip em down and sell and would like to keep the white hubbed wheels with which ever stays

i think the carbon/silver/black build looks really good, and has xtr, which to me would be the keeper by miles. the red/white build i think is a little in your face but too much i think, also sram and magura, not personally a fan.

:)

don't ge me wrong, i think maguras are great, almost too powerful and sharp. alot of my component choices are based on availability of spares, hope/shimano etc are easier hence not owning maguras.

I had never used magura disc brakes before so simply went for these for looks and I'm happy I did. I had to lengthen the hose to fit the bike and found it as easy as shimano.
I know what you mean though shim and stuff is so easy to work on. I had hope v2 tech on the 1st one to begin with but went for the m985 as they were so much lighter. It was a pain shortening the braided hose on the hopes

Back