Which should I sell :(

Gulwing

Dirt Disciple
I need to fund another bike Iv got my eye on. I cant make my mind up on what to move on as im attached to both.

Cannondale caad 3 saeco
Cannondale caad 4 r1000

Attachments

• 20231113_151135.jpg
    20231113_151135.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 40
Hi Gulwing,
Difficult question... since you are attached to both. Think I would keep the red seaco, since it is a bit more vintage.
But what is the most important reason that you 'must' sell one? Budget, or space?
In case of space you could think of a compromize;... dissasamble, sell the parts, keep the frameset...
If it's budget, you could also choose to save up just a little longer.😊
My experiences are in either way that dissasembly and selling parts seperately will be most profitable, and gain 3 times more then sell it as a complete bike...
Good Lucky with your choice...

Hi Gulwing,
Difficult question... since you are attached to both. Think I would keep the red seaco, since it is a bit more vintage.
But what is the most important reason that you 'must' sell one? Budget, or space?
In case of space you could think of a compromize;... dissasamble, sell the parts, keep the frameset...
If it's budget, you could also choose to save up just a little longer.😊
My experiences are in either way that dissasembly and selling parts seperately will be most profitable, and gain 3 times more then sell it as a complete bike...
Good Lucky with your choice...
Iv got 4bikes at present. Space is the issue mostly. The parts are mostly original on the r1000, I thought it a shame to strip it down. I didnt think it would be worth much in parts.

20220402_143154_IMG_0701.jpg
Familiar with the issue... My wife told me, if there is another one coming, i have to fet rid of another... (the bikes of wife and kids are in another corner)
my next project is to build a gravel bike... so I will sacrafice the vintage Specialized roadbike...

I agree its a shame to strip it down if it's mostly original, but i think there are more people searching for specific parts of the bike, then there will be people looking out for that specific combination and willing to pay the price you would like to have for it.

storing them away like i did, doesn't give you an extra spot for a project?😃

View attachment 796170
Familiar with the issue... My wife told me, if there is another one coming, i have to fet rid of another... (the bikes of wife and kids are in another corner)
my next project is to build a gravel bike... so I will sacrafice the vintage Specialized roadbike...

I agree its a shame to strip it down if it's mostly original, but i think there are more people searching for specific parts of the bike, then there will be people looking out for that specific combination and willing to pay the price you would like to have for it.

storing them away like i did, doesn't give you an extra spot for a project?😃
😅 it's a principia I am looking at as it happens.

Back