Which Orange?

alanf":2nrh82yu said:
yeah an Orange prestige could really take the hits :? http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50 ... 1233511534

Yep that picture is conclusive.. the orange prestige was made out of paper thin steel.... :? Or maybe that particular bike was slammed into a wall or dropped off a building.... :roll:

What is that picture supposed to prove..? That Orange has been F**ked up big style by some idiot! (sorry if that was you alanf, but if you were doing something crazy on it.. I'd have to call you a pioneer!)

Lets face it, take a prestige dirt jumping or freeriding.. you're gonna break it! Ride it xc, like people did in the 90's, before mountain biking started to get more involved, than it will be fine.

Attachments

• Presitge.jpg
    Presitge.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 740
I bent a GT tequesta BITD riding it into the back of a car, and it didn't look that bad.. the mind boggles! :shock:

OrangeRetro":17ins5lc said:
alanf":17ins5lc said:
yeah an Orange prestige could really take the hits :? http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50 ... 1233511534

Yep that picture is conclusive.. the orange prestige was made out of paper thin steel.... :? Or maybe that particular bike was slammed into a wall or dropped off a building.... :roll:

What is that picture supposed to prove..? That Orange has been F**ked up big style by some idiot! (sorry if that was you alanf, but if you were doing something crazy on it.. I'd have to call you a pioneer!)

Lets face it, take a prestige dirt jumping or freeriding.. you're gonna break it! Ride it xc, like people did in the 90's, before mountain biking started to get more involved, than it will be fine.

that was ridden cross country! cannock chase on the day it let go while going down hill on a fast bridal track/trail, it was ridden locally to me as well on a weekly basis and competed in three races, the boltby bash, malvern hills classic and another race on cannock, it was just over 12 month old when it let go! as for abusing it? it was spotless when it died and was well looked after, Oranges atittude over it's death sucked and put me off buying another of their products to this day :evil:

alanf":2jt5tvjy said:
OrangeRetro":2jt5tvjy said:
alanf":2jt5tvjy said:

that was ridden cross country! cannock chase on the day it let go while going down hill on a fast bridal track/trail, it was ridden locally to me as well on a weekly basis and competed in three races, the boltby bash, malvern hills classic and another race on cannock, it was just over 12 month old when it let go! as for abusing it? it was spotless when it died and was well looked after, Oranges atittude over it's death sucked and put me off buying another of their products to this day :evil:

:shock:

Seen quite a few headtube failures but they have usually been done front ending the back of a landing on a double coming up short!

Badly made frame, bad batch of tubing?

alanf":2lkn82nj said:
OrangeRetro":2lkn82nj said:
alanf":2lkn82nj said:

:shock: .. When you say it let go, did you actually crash it then? surely it didn't just buckle up like that? if so that is a catastrophic tube failure!

alanf":1k9htxfe said:
OrangeRetro":1k9htxfe said:
alanf":1k9htxfe said:

That's a bit of a concern, if what you say happened is correct (and I'm not trying to question your version of the events BTW, it's just that I wasn't there). That's certainly been caused by hitting something because the front end has been pushed back but I have to say I'm surprised the steerer on your RC35' didn't go first 'cos I saw plenty that did.

You say that the frame was mint; had you stacked it earlier, that looks like it's likely to have started at a point of previous damage (dent maybe) under the down tube?

it buckled that way under heavy braking, one minute it was in one peice with straight tubes the next I'm lying on the floor in a heap with both wheels sitting next to each other as the frame folded! no crashes or jumping with it only three major races and all in the novice class :oops: I wasnt that heavy a rider at the time 11stone and not that fit tbh! work came first play was a secondary thing, so when it let go we were susprised as #### and twice as susprised with Oranges and the shops atitude over the failure! hence why I bought a Zaska! according to some ugly as hell but unbreakable so far :LOL:

Back