Which Model is my Carlton???

Yes this is the flat type of wrapover I have seen on the Carlton Track frame mentioned below.
Also on an unknown frame I have that I thought was an Asian copy. I will get the frame numbers off the BBS for you.

Old Ned":1i76tj1p said:
Sorry to say but it's not identical. The seat stay wrapover is very different.

Hi, I'm a newby to this forum.I came on here looking for information about my latest bike; I hope you can help as you seem a knowledgable lot!
I recently bought a chrome framed bike with the name "Donovan" on the sloping tube. It struck me as a Carlton, with nervex lugs, Williams crank (AZ 1959), frame number E7660 on nearside back dropout. It has no other identifying transfers. I am convinced it is a Carlton and one of my mates suggested it could be one built for Gerald O,Donovan, who came to Carlton in 1939.Any clues to it's origin/make/model??
It is in original condition with Resilion hubs, Dunlop special lightweight rims, Cyclo Benelux gears, Lycette swallow saddle, Chater lea lamp bracket, GB stem and Maes bars. The chrome is dulled where a head baadge once was but its shape is not like a Carlton headbadge. I have photos to email on request. Many thanks for any response....Pete

The components of this machine would be the sort of items found on good machines of the alter 1950s. Pictures however would be worth a 1000 words.

Back