Which Hope calipers?

No boxxers are NOT IS never have been at least until the modern post mount versions. If you offer up the #3 to the Boxxer and then put the wheel in you will see the pads will miss a significant chunk of the rotor which isnt safe

I'm at work so I can't compare but I have a C2#6, a C2#3 and some 4 pot #3's and #6's and I think the main difference is in the position of the top tab hole, on boxxers the sit flatter than IS and the actual caliper is an entirely different shape...

I had to get a new caliper half to allow me to fit mine BITD and I would suggest you look for a #6 caliper rather than try and bodge it!

Right so I went out to my garage tonight and pulled my number 6 mono M 4 off the boxxer (02) and then pulled the #3 off the back and...

While the number 3 fits, the holes are the same distance apart as IS the pads did not fully contact the rotor...

They hit more than I thought they would but then I remembered why!

The disk I have up front is not the 205mm that the DH4 would require but a later 200mm rotor which was got for the Mono M4

So if it was running the 205 then the #3 would interfere with the rotor and bind (top edge of the disk would strike the caliper)

You could try the 200 disk option but not the 203 which I think is now the hope standard (jeez 200 / 203 / 205 could they not just settle on a size!)
But like I said the whole pad was not in contact with the rotor so your pads could groove up and jam or strike the arms on the disk as they will not wear evenly...

In conclusion just use the #6 with the correct sized rotor and have the peace of mind that it was designed to work that way but some guys in an old wool mill...

Re:

Cool thanks for the info.
I'll have to measure up the exact size of the 2 "8 inch" rotors I have.
The bike is going to be mainly for show as I have other bikes, but want to be able to take this one out every now and then.

Back