Which frames were made for Sachs Power Disc?

coyut

Mountain Cycle Fan
I just got a Sugino disc wheel which has a modified Hügi hub with custom Sachs disc.
The modification was done by a Swiss guy who also designed some brakes for race cars.
The custom star is made out of titanium and also the brake disc was custom made.

Now I think about if I should remove the brake disc and use the wheel for some project.
Or if I should look out for a frame that had a rear sachs mount.

I know the Cannondale Super V-4000 DH had such a Sachs mount. But there must have been other frames with this mount.

Any information would be great.

Attachments

• PSX_20230118_170731.jpg
    PSX_20230118_170731.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 16
There was a Sachs labeled MTB, always in red color with M4 disc and full Quarz/New Success with Power disc.
The bike made it in any brochure or catalog, but may have been rather a demo version to showcase top of line Sachs products.
Sachs Unknown Bike 1.jpg

Hercules had some Bikes like the models Alaska or Alabahma,
Hercules Alaska Ad 1 aus Bike 1995_06 power disc.jpg
also Centurion the Backfire Pro 1997, equipped with the Power disc.
Centurion Backfire Pro Disc 1996.jpg

edit, have added still some pictures

Last edited:
There was a Sachs labeled MTB, always in red color with M4 disc and full Quarz/New Success with Power disc.

Hercules had some Bikes like the model Atlanta, also Centurion equipped with the Power disc.
I could add some more details and pictures if you like.
Thank you very much.
I'm looking for something more "fancy" to add this wheel to.

Thank you very much.
I'm looking for something more "fancy" to add this wheel to.
I do understand, just there was nothing cool with Sachs Powerdisc.
A few German and not hip Bike brands had been other than Cannondale the only remaining Sachs customers using there disc brakes but also other components as OEM.

I do understand, just there was nothing cool with Sachs Powerdisc.
A few German and not hip Bike brands had been other than Cannondale the only remaining Sachs customers using there disc brakes but also other components as OEM.
I also can't remember have seen "any special" bike with power discs. But I thought maybe I missed some

there had been some rare and a bit more exotic ones too.

Fuchs (german custom manufacturer) had also Power Disc
Fuchs mit Magura Sachs Kombi Ricardo Zurich1.jpg

Schauff (sorry again for the boring German brand) had a carbon Monocoque full suspension in 1994 called SUSPAC.
Schauff Suspac 1994.jpg
This was also shown with Power Disc
Schauff Suspac 1994 powerdisc.jpg

I never have seen one in real, nor an offer, but style wise, your disc wheel would fit there pretty well 👍

I have found meanwhile that VOTEC has used power disc for a while.
Ad from 1994 below, the hardtail VOX had Sachs dics.
Votec Ad aus Bike 1994.jpg
and this model Cougar from 1996
Votec Cougar Ad aus Bike 1996_09.jpg

Votec also produced the Porsche Bikes. Some, depending on year and variant, do have Power Disc.
Porsche Bikes 1995 1.jpg

One more, in the Sachs brochure there is a DH bike from Peugeot
Sachs 1995 NL 29.jpg
it was the model Team line 5000
Peugeot 1995 teamline 5000.jpg

Just not sure if your disc wheel would be a proper fit to the Votec or Peugeot bikes, maybe once those noticeable bikes showed up the period of having disc wheels was a bit over already?

Just this Peugeot looks like that the only thing missing is a rear Sugino disc wheel 😜
1fc18114c94b2b1de9e2a684f3c91d39.jpg

Last edited:
@joglo Thank you very much for the awesome feedback

The Schauff would be cool but Votec is probably a more realistic option to find.

Grüsse aus der Schweiz

Here's a photo of a Votec fork with a Sachs disc fitted - pic pulled from the web

Attachments

• Power Disc Votec.jpg
    Power Disc Votec.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 11
Back