Which automatic retro car?

legrandefromage":2lykx0wi said:
not bad for mk2 Mondeo underpinnings.

S-Type had nothing to do with Mondeo underpinnings what-so-ever. Points are available for what cars it did share some aspects with (no points if you have to google/wiki). :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If the Merc is too big, this definitely won't work, but holy mother of !!!!
s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-Dodge-Po ... 2635198849

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
BerthaPog":3jziuphb said:
legrandefromage":3jziuphb said:
not bad for mk2 Mondeo underpinnings.

S-Type had nothing to do with Mondeo underpinnings what-so-ever. Points are available for what cars it did share some aspects with (no points if you have to google/wiki). :D

Weird, because I also was under the impression it was on the Mondeo platform!

Bloody nice cars they were, I toured West Scotland in one, camping. It made a nice noise and handled fine. Lovely armchair like comfort.

Re:

Ford stuff was limited to the Engine/Gearbox combos, the 2.5V6 and 3.0V6 were both available in the Mondeo along with the Manual gearbox. Have quite fancied the S Type-R myself, 400bhp and a SC V8 sounds like fun.
The X-Type on the other hand was like a Mondeo in a dress.

Carl.

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":28v550oi said:
drcarlos":28v550oi said:
The RUSTY X-Type on the other hand was like a Mondeo in a dress.

Carl.

Fixed that!

quite like the v8 s-type too.

or an old jaaaaaaaaaaag xj

XK8's are nice but jeeeze, the rust on them!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f-typ ... q=xk8+rust

I did hear Jag's rust for fun and a friends S-Type 2.5 had rusty arches. I can't believe that cars that are premium brands rust so badly. Merc's of a similar age are just as bad is seems.

Carl.

Back