Where to start?

Well, many thanks for the replies guys, it gave me a little inspiration to make a start this afternoon. I managed to blag (borrow) a fantastic bike stand from a friend who was coming to see me yesterday (from 100 miles away) and he brought some basic bits and bobs too, chain splitter, crank puller......and a load of other stuff that I'm sure will come in handy.

Anyways, I started on the 531 frame I picked up the other day, stickered and badged up as a Claud Butler, but still with cheap crank, shifters and bars attached. Was going well, cleaning as I dismantled, bagging items up and I even had an old plastic box to keep it all in, bingo!

However, my lad has borrowed and misplaced my large adjustables, and then I got stuck on removing the BB, so will have to restart tomorrow when I've found some tools for the job. I will be sticking the frame up shortly for ID, I'm not 100% it is what it says, I may stand corrected though.....it does have Campag rear drop outs, so at least it isn't gas tube
:LOL: It also has a sticker saying it has been re-enamelled by Ellis Briggs, and the phone number is missing the 1 from the prefix, so I'm thinking 80's or earlier?

Thanks again guys, I'll get there. Location now added too :)

Back