Where can I buy more bolts like these?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm after buying some more bolts like the ones pictured. They are I believe the right ones for avid SD ti, sl etc v brakes.

Failing exact bolts, any similar ones would do to complete some brakes I've got plans for.

I've searched online but can only seem to find bog standard bolts with dome heads.

I'd like some washers too.

Attachments

• PSX_20230326_235629.jpg
    PSX_20230326_235629.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 31
  • PSX_20230326_235642.jpg
    PSX_20230326_235642.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 30
I think you'll be lucky to find them off the shelf. they aren't a standard bolt, in fact it's possible they were made for a specific application and a normal stockist wouldn't have them.
know anybody with a lathe? it's a straight forward task to turn a couple of cap heads down to suit.

Those are pretty special bolts. Just above the threads and below the head have a champfer at 45 degrees to (presumably) center the part on the frame. Then the face above the champfer is milled parallel to the thread axis for a sort of countersink within the part (maybe). Then the head is beveled. Not crowned because I think that is more like a 30 degree angle where a bevel is usually 45.

Me thinks pretty special, and these are titanium bolts? Silly question but you searched for "Avid titanium mounting bolts" and other word plays?

Bought some nice Ti limit screws from this seller.
He might have what you are looking for.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Was going to say they look very similar to XT v-brake bolts. Not exactly the same but similar. SRP make titanium ones pretty much the same as the above post.
FA8FC3F6-1AC8-4449-B13F-6048C40FF0AF.jpeg

I think they are pretty much the same as the xtr but ti. I'd be happy enough without them being ti, though would like to find a pair to go with the ones I have. Preferably UK based as I'm not having a lot of luck with sending or receiving stuff overseas of late.

Back