when do you reach "too many bikes"

Re:

Down to 5 retro mtbs now and one modern crosser

The 5 are all very similar, indeed 3 are fundamentally the same bike.

Will swap a few around I’m sure over the next years but could go down to just keeping my fav 2 retro mtbs and not be too upset

Re:

As long as you've got sensible storage, there's food on the table and other areas of your and your family's life aren't suffering from lack of funds (that you spent on bikes), then I think it's ok.
Having said that...
Recently, the amount of unfinished projects in the garage (and in my head) and the related regular eBay searches, time on here, etc, have meant I've felt a bit constrained or pressured, some habits are forming I'd rather not have.
So I'm going to try releasing a few and see how that feels... anyone want a Fuquay?

Re:

I hit 17 but cut down to 4 for my personal use. Its been liberating but a constant battle rages everytime certain builds threads start :LOL:

When you forget how many you actually have. (Bikes, frames, projects)

Sad to say i hit that limit about 10 years ago, and it's not got any better.
Actually planning to audit my ENTIRE workshop/stock room and have a clear out in the new year.

Going through a box recently for a bottom bracket I counted 8 spare chainsets. And about 30 spare chainrings. And i have other boxes with chainsets and chainrings........

Re:

when do you reach "too many bikes"

For me, when they are not being rode on anymore.

I reckon we can all point to a bike in our fleets that that have not seen any action in 2017.

i'm guilty of that with just 3 bikes!

When you become uncertain about which one to ride for any given ride.

Clarity of purpose.

Back