What's the best full suss XC bike ever ?? the answer is !!!

Re:

My neice is riding mine right now, and loving it. Not terribly light, but very smooth, if that makes sense. Had to have it for the sheer oddity. Maybe a collectors item in the future.

Re: What's the best full suss XC bike ever ??

hamster":2dxoylox said:
Santa Cruz Superlight?

Yep :)

Mine is sub 20lb :cool: ...link in sig if you fancy a look.

Cheers

Santa Cruz Blur xc carbon was a damn fast positive handling weapon if a tiny bit flexy in the rear end.

I think that vpp bikes are better in either short travel or long travel.
i.e. the blur and intenses big rigs, inbetween they just sap energy for trail/enduro riding ime.

This quest was always destined to be along similar lines of my search for the best guitar strings & it's taken me nearly 50 years to sort that one out. Turner flux & Pace 405 frames could be contenders along with with single pivot Orange Sub, Gary Fisher Hifi or even a round tube Marin. I still have a couple of months before I am allowed to ride again & my GF Cake is now up & running so my cunning plan is just to sit back & see what comes up for sale, keep the ideas coming tho & I will consider any frames on offer, thanks, mike b.

Marin seriously!?

The most blandest bikes and specs are Marin. The event of buying a top model Marin will never be doomed among me as it was a godaweful chainsucking tyre, folding off rim, brakeless and flexy forked experieced/pos that was £900 or so reduced from like £2k back in the early noughties.

What a shit heap not fit for purpose.

That is all...

wrinkleygit":306fr75s said:
This quest was always destined to be along similar lines of my search for the best guitar strings & it's taken me nearly 50 years to sort that one out.

And the winner is?

All my electrics have Elixier Nano's, Acoustics & reso are all on Newtone Heritage Classics & my bass is headless so choices are limited but Bass Centre Elites work well on that, mike

did somebody mention the flavour of jelly earlier ??

wrinkleygit":sjzewn79 said:
All my electrics have Elixier Nano's, Acoustics & reso are all on Newtone Heritage Classics & my bass is headless so choices are limited but Bass Centre Elites work well on that, mike

:cool:
Might try some of these next time I'm buying.

Back