What's the best bike thing you ever purchased?

Mine would be my first pair of Spd pedals purchased back in 1991 from PB Cycles in Wrentham ...

50 quid back in the day and yes you guessed it i panicked on my first ride and fell off still clipped in :LOL:

Its been Spds from then on ,come to think of it i still have them downsatirs in the workship :eek:

Mine would be my first pair of Spd pedals purchased back in 1991 from PB Cycles in Wrentham ...

50 quid back in the day and yes you guessed it i panicked on my first ride and fell off still clipped in :LOL:

Its been Spds from then on ,come to think of it i still have them downsatirs in the workship :eek:

gotta be my woodman frame first proper play frame ive owned handles any thing i throw at or throw it off for that matter (6ft down gaps :shock: oh what fun) :cool: :cool: :cool: matty got his pedals off my boss when he was partnered with cedar cycles the worst bike shop in suffolk thank god the boss started are shop some 10 years ago and got out when he did :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My first set of SPuDs in about '94... Made everyone who saw you wonder what they were and how they worked. Watching they're eyes widen as you were able to bunny-hop small children with ease was good too...

Also showed them that you were a proper mountain biker and your bike didn't come from Halfords! :)

The first expensive seatpost I didn't break!

Bontrager Carbon Seatpost in 1992 (C190 I think). Having bust a Ritchey, 2 x Control Techs and a Syncros on my Blizzard I bought this.

It's now living on my Lloyd and has actually been in constant use since 1992... I've reglued the clamp a couple of times with Araldite but I'm really impressed with this item.

My first Time atacs, loved them still do.

Also for bling a Syncros forged chainset. Worked as well as it looked.

Flite saddle,i couldnt ride without one!

I know thats three but i am a greedy git.

Big Al.

My Zaskar LE. Every single part has now been swapped out so that the only original part is the frame, but thats a testament to how bloody good it is. Owned it from new in '93 and I still love it.

This weekend was spend gardening, not riding, but as I walked past the 'LE' I couldn't help but stop to give it a little clean and think about the great rides I've had on it. Properly emotionally attached to it, frightening really.

the best thing i ever bought were a pair of 98ish raceface turbines, secondhand about 7 years ago. they have been absolutely pounded, constantly, for the time i have owned them, and i dread the day that i cannot get a bb or pedals or a frame to put them on because the 'standard' has changed. again.
so impressed am i with rf cranks that i now own not only said tubines, but also three sets of turbine lp's, and two sets of diabolus cranks!

my current ride of pride, my silly old brooklyn machine works park frame with a handful of scratches on.

and probably the specialized i'm about to create a thread on

BITD, my M737 SPD's and the first generation gray/tan Shimano mtb shoes with the two velcro straps.

I try and get those first gen SPD's for all my bikes and just recently picked up a nearly new pair of early Shimano mtb shoes. Great stuff.

Greatest purchase since I've been collecting...my 84 Potts.

Back