The best thing I ever got from cycling was..

As with most others it represented freedom in my youth and satisfied my want to tinker with mechanical things. I never bothered with driving so it is my transport, allows me to clear my head and think and also gave me my job, which I (mostly) thoroughly enjoy. :)

I find it a bit odd some people never passing their driving test.
I binned the bike after passing my test and was too busy going about with my mates and birds in the cars
then got back into it again when my first Son showed interest around 18 years ago
so had a bit of a gap with bikes

I find it a bit odd some people never passing their driving test.
I binned the bike after passing my test and was too busy going about with my mates and birds in the cars
then got back into it again when my first Son showed interest around 18 years ago
so had a bit of a gap with bikes
I only stopped riding after a motorcycle accident, didn't ride for best part of 6 years. A dark time for me.

It's the mental escape for me as well, I have found myself getting little to no satisfaction from work in recent years, and as fantastic as my family are, it can be a bit chaotic with young children.

On the subject of other vehicles, learning to drive was a bit of a rite of passage amongst my peer group, it's another escape for me. I love my retro cars as much as my bikes.

Endorphines and groups of friends who have been/are prepared to listen (and not judge) when I've been at my lowest ebb. Between them, those two things have probably kept me on this planet.

Back