Whats more flexy a Hei Hei or a cotic soul?

Do you mean a Soda? that's the Cotic Ti frame

Allegedly rides like a bendy bus, but who knows with internet talk :roll:

Hei Hei. The Soul isn't really flexy at all, as it's made to be a trail bike and not an xc racer. Hei Hei's can flex in the BB and rear triangle, but that might depend on your weight. The King Kahuna has gussets and is more stiff in the right places, but not alloy stiff. The Cotic Soda is probably somewhere between the Score and the King Kahuna in terms of stiffness.

Keep in mind I'm a lightweight and so don't feel the flex on any of them really. Bu if you have ridden steel Kona frames and liked them, you'll probably like the Soul's somewhat similar feel and geometry and suppleness.

Huntso":33jxa04w said:
Do you mean a Soda? that's the Cotic Ti frame

Allegedly rides like a bendy bus, but who knows with internet talk :roll:

My friend rides a Soda (upgrade from his Soul) and I've ridden it...can't say the internet talk is true. It rides very nicely indeed. He also weighs more than me and it's his first ti bike, and he's had nothing but good to say about it. A heavier rider might give it such a review though (?)

PS this not a correction...just an observation and subjective opinion :D

PS this not a correction...just an observation and subjective opinion

Never thought it was anything else :D

Didn't see my name on your list of people to ride with ;) :LOL:

btw, did you see that post on ebay.uk went for about £90

I sure did. Holy crap! I had it on my watch list, both actually, but too rich for my blood!

You weren't omitted from my list, so you know. I'm missing plenty of people on there. I only put the people I noticed most when I first joined and was cruising the forum. But truth be told, your name is one of the ones I see most often and always pay a little more attention to what's written, along with Anthony, Pickle, Ameybrook and the like...plenty of years of experience and/or an area of expertise. ;) So if I make it o a UK retro meet, I'll gladly ride with you...just take it easy on me, I'm not the most proficient rider yet! :roll:

Would be a pleasure to ride with you, always got respect for anyone who will let bygones be bygones :D

Reckon that 27.2mm 10th anniversary post is a better buy although do you reckon the bad marks could be polished out?

Hey, we're a family here. :D

I really like the 10th anno one, and it would look great on my Score. The price is a little scary, but all things considered it's really not that bad. I'm not sure about those scratches. They look to be to deep to polish out, but I reckon they have no effect on the integrety of the post, and looks like they sit below the insertion point. I could live with that. Maybe if it's still around on payday I'll break down. I kind of like the maple leaf, being Canadian and all. Normally I wouldn't have a maple leaf on my bike or anywhere, but living in denmark makes it ok :D

Far too sensible on here for that sort of thing, buying bikes and parts is a different matter altogether though. Common sense just goes out the window then :D

Back