Ruined? Hei Hei

Twozaskars

Retro Guru
Does this belong to anyone on here? I’m not against dragging older bikes into the 21st century but surely a more modern frame would be cheaper than an original Hei Hei and better suited to disc brakes through proper design of the stays.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Does this belong to anyone on here? I’m not against dragging older bikes into the 21st century but surely a more modern frame would be cheaper than an original Hei Hei and better suited to disc brakes through proper design of the stays.
Agree. It looks stupid having gone to the effort to weld on a disc mount to then leave the old canti studs. A perfectly good retro frame ruined.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The option is still there to run the original v-brakes. Many Kona frames in '99 came with both a disc mount and the v-brake studs so this modification is no worse in my eyes. The 2000 score had a disc mount as standard with no additional reinforcement. The factory version looks much prettier I will concede.

View attachment 837975
Exactly this 👍

Back