What you don't dare do, people - Ti `98 Voodoo Loa

a month or so ago I bought a used tire lot for way cheap that came with 4 different sets of tires all with ~100miles on them. today I finally mounted up and rode these Panaracer Gravelking 700x35 slicks

38AE38BF-DF99-418C-973C-DC413E1792B0.jpeg

I'd written Gravelkings off entirely for their ubiquity but I have to say they're a massive improvement over the specialized pathfinder pro 700x38 for my ride, don't know why I waited so long to either swap back to the Ultra slicks I initially had on or to try these. the pathfinders have that raised center strip which rolls ok but I found unless you're riding in looser terrain you never take much advantage of the side tread. The side tread I thought would aid in the corners but the transition was so abrupt from center strip to the tread hooking up it wasn't very confidence inspiring.

these GK slicks were better at everything, even the super steep, dirt over hardpack/gravelly section of my ride where I was usually spinning the rear wheel with the Pathfinders

D2AB06CE-BD19-4FC4-9A30-B5E9250B0B0E.jpeg

i imagine the Pathfinders are better ridden in chunkier/looser situations. going to get them back on for some Santa Monica Mountains riding soon.

Back