What to do with all the random crap?

What to do with it all?

• Bin it all.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Stash it all in the loft

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Put up a single ad here and send it all in one box to some other Mug willing to pay postage.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Put up an ad for a few different boxes for a number of Mugs to buy.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
In fairness, I've got a bit the same problem. Guess it depends what it is really.

Random parts like various size brake studs, bottom bracket cups, odd rims, canti-rocker and straddle cable for Marzo forks, QR skewers, hub axles, 7 speed freehubs, odd sized seat-posts, too many headset spacers, etc. etc. Lots of widgets of little use to most people including bike charities, PITA to bother listing and posting, a too weird collection for a job lot, too useful to chuck out. I kind of keep an eye in the wanted section since something may help someone. Post prices these days though makes shipping small parts around a bit of a joke.

At regular intervals I deposit huge amounts of stuff at my local bike shop\chicken farm and he decides what to keep and what to throw in the recycling dumpster.

This isn't meant to be a thinly veiled for sale thread, but... I've put the first box of bits up for sale to see if anyone is interested.

I hadn't considered bike projects, so if no takers, It'll be off to a charity.

Back