What have I stumbled upon

Claddish

Retro Newbie
Picked up this bike in Feltham, have done a lot of searchin, but I haven't found anything that matches. Took it to a bike shop and they said maybe a Ralliegh or a Sun, he said I should post it here as you guys have a knack for identifying these bikes! Here are some photos in an imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/Sr5OW

Re:

Here are the photos

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 617
Does not look UK with the rear brake plate, brakes are Italian so could be from Italy?

Shaun

Midlife":11vibexn said:
Does not look UK with the rear brake plate, brakes are Italian so could be from Italy?

Shaun

I think that's about as much as I got from those brakes, 60s - 70s I think the Balilla brand was popular?

I worked in a bike shop in the 70's and don't recall those brakes pitching up on UK bikes at all ...... One if the reasons why I think it's from abroad.

Shaun

I've seen that S rear bridge before. Pretty sure buddy of mine had one.

He's posted it on here and I think it's Eastern European. The S was the first letter of the name but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. All I can remember is the bike was metallic red. It's also in the cycling thread on Autoshite. I think he's MrDuke on there but i don't know his username on here.

Latest posts

Back