What goes around comes around?

Re: Re:

sinnerman":3rwtmtnb said:
groovyblueshed":3rwtmtnb said:
Yowzers! This might just be hi-viz enough for cutting through London's traffic. Just add a zebra striped frame! Oh and bum bag.

:oops: I should be ashamed of myself, I forgot the bum bag.

Awesome Roberts frame you've got there, btw! Way :cool: !

The thing with bum bags was that they were impossible to ride with – they kind of developed their own momentum, usually at an untimely critical moment when negotiating a hairy descent or hopping over a technical trail section. Why/how did they ever catch on?

sinnerman":2se8dw6o said:
groovyblueshed":2se8dw6o said:
Yowzers! This might just be hi-viz enough for cutting through London's traffic. Just add a zebra striped frame! Oh and bum bag.

Hope you have the matching Etto helmet mate! ;)

Mike

Mike Muz 67":3baw58l9 said:
sinnerman":3baw58l9 said:
groovyblueshed":3baw58l9 said:

Hope you have the matching Etto helmet mate! ;)

Mike

That would have to be with classic zebra and pink Etto logo? I remember riding out with mates from 'Team Steamin' Log' (from Reg Braddick & Sons, out of "The Diff"). It was Etto o'clock. Combined with retina rippin' pink jerseys and tasteful black spandex. Add to this a custom fat-tubed E-stay Overbury in classic zebra – a bike I use to aspire to. And, not forgetting me on my Raleigh Arena :facepalm: crossed up to the max and home custom painted in retina rippin' pink and white zebra – before I finally got my more appropriate zolatoned Marin with Shox. Luckily, no images exist of my purple psychedelic attire of the day.

Re:

Anyone remember the fashion for putting a trail troll on your handlebars circa 92/3 ? Iirc it started in one of the mags and took off from there :LOL:

Re:

I remember being newly sponsored by "kangaroo POO", and being given multiple race kits, Skin tight lycra with Neon Pink, Greens and Oranges, all embossed with Kangaroos, and having to step up on the podium at malverns feeling like a proper plonker.

I have pics but even to this day, like a bad memory they are locked safely away. :oops:

Rampage":1i5se66x said:
We never used to match out clothes to our bikes did we?

No, maybe sponsored riders/pro riders did , but everyone I knew wore a mish mash of different colours, non of which matched the bikes!, we must have looked like a stream of psychedelic vomit coming down the hillside :LOL:

I had the white/flouro yellow/flouro pink Diamondback shirt for a while.... I've never owned a DB bike, or one with flouro pink or yellow frame! :facepalm:

A score says they never had those daft beards in the 90s, and its clear they had more of a laugh on the oldskool

Back