Where is the Aston Martin bike now?

When I was at AM for a couple of installs, the painters said that the older cars had much higher quality paint jobs (around the mountain bike era) with the modern cars getting pretty standard normal coats. Although a later second visit it was mentioned that the very expensive models now get self healing paint

Which is nice

When I was at AM for a couple of installs, the painters said that the older cars had much higher quality paint jobs (around the mountain bike era) with the modern cars getting pretty standard normal coats. Although a later second visit it was mentioned that the very expensive models now get self healing paint

Which is nice
Next time you’re over, drop me message and I’ll get the kettle on.

Newport Pagnell?
AM at Newport Pagnell isn’t what it used to be. 🙁

Went there a couple of times (work and not work), also down to Bloxham when they were doing the V12 for the DB7 - tech stuff on the engine management system. They’re now mostly neighbours at Gaydon.

Might be a bit of stretch for Newport Pagnell for a cuppa, but could ask my mum & dad if you’re desperate.

Last edited:
From memory, also resulted in an increased frame weight over a standard one.
I think I read somewhere that there were 13 coats of paint - so very much form over function. I imagine not many were bought to race though.
The opposite of Mercedes in the '30s where they removed paint to save weight - and the bare metal approach became the Silver Arrows name.

Back