Where is the Aston Martin bike now?

Thame Game

Retro Guru
There was an article in MBUK or one of the many other mags in the late 80's early 90's about this one off build from AM.

I remember a photo of it against the company logo. I think it was painted a deep metallic burgundy. Hardtail with XT(r). ???

Anyone know what happened to it? I'd love to read the article again if theres a scan somewhere.

It was a Dogs Bolx - or DB - which tied in very nicely to Aston's own DB model designation, after David Brown, the former owner.
Apparently you could have it painted in any colour in the Aston range - presumably to match your car.

Hello Sir, are you lost? How can I help you?

...yeah, I understand Aston Martin is making a high quality mountain bike.

Yes, we are producing a limited number of mountain bikes in collaboration with high-end frame makers in the region. We have one on display over here.

Yes, this is exactly what I expected. Do I order from you or? I want a 19". Is that possible?

Mhm, yes. Should not be a problem Sir. I can help you directly with purchasing. Which model Aston Martin do you own? Don't tell me you own the Vantage. Such a fantastic auto. Would you like your AM mountain bike to match the color of your Aston Martin?

Well, I came here by bus. I don't own a car.

I'm sorry Sir, I cannot help you. If you don't mind would you please leave? Do have a wonderful day though.

Back