What a NOB!!!

johndeverill

Senior Retro Guru
Sooo....I've been having a bit of 'fun' in the garage learning to silver braze and deal with cadburys pearl paint (which looks 100x better in the sun!) but I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. Now to dig out the box of Record OR/Icarus bits, build the wheels, service the RC36s and put it all together!!

20230410_140507.jpg

Very tasty indeed, looking forward to seeing it built up.

The donkey is the one i need to complete what i call the holy trinity of Yates' bikes the Diabolo,Vulcan and the Donkisnob.
I was weirdly thinking of selling the Vulcan but soon as i've seen this, instantly i'm thinking don't be daft 😂

Very nice. Kicking myself for not asking more about this the other day when you mentioned it, too much on my mind. How was the original paint stripped if you don't mind me asking?

And looks like Max chainstays too, though the seatstays are Reynolds it appears.

Hi Mark, I used aircraft stripper then got it media blasted before paint. Yep, all tubes are Max barring the seatstays which are 753. I'm not going to give it a hard life...more for XC pootles! Thanks again for the Ballistic...I may attempt a fade job on that but I'm all painted out for now!

Back