What’s your favourite tubeless sealant?

We've tested lots of sealant at work and had a lot of customer feedback on samples we've given out. The result is we recommend OKO every time - Magic Milk or Hi-fibre, or a mixture.

Well, I finally ordered some. 1 litre of Stans.
Loads of places are out of stock.
After recently restocking, my go-to online bikeshop had almost 90 bottles available the other day.
Today they have around 60.
At this rate they'll be out of stock again in a few days!😲

I have now fitted my Magic Mary and used Orange sealant because that was in the local shop. I made a tyre booster with a garden sprayer and after a bit of trial and error have the technique sorted. The rear tyre was fitted when I bought the bike second hand and I topped that up with Stans (that was what was in it).

917AA0DD-F877-4AAF-9743-E204561B32B8.jpeg 28989E88-45C6-4F82-B69B-6448A00CB194.jpeg A454376E-C916-4A8A-AB22-90715C88866A.jpeg

Well, I finally ordered some. 1 litre of Stans.
Loads of places are out of stock.
After recently restocking, my go-to online bikeshop had almost 90 bottles available the other day.
Today they have around 60.
At this rate they'll be out of stock again in a few days!😲
The litre bottle of Stans I got online was much better value than the one from the local bike shop. It should do about 7/8 ‘fat’ tyres on my bike.

Tape it well first time

Take your time

Stans is the best. Used lots of others, stans is fit and forget. If others work for people great but I've tried lots and none of those are near the simplicity of stans. I barely top up unless I've had a noticeable big blowout or loss of liquid.

I ended up getting Joe's tape, 'cause it can be had for cheaper (and it looks identical).
I managed to do one wheel this morning... while my mother had an entire freakin' eye operation for cataracts, and was in and out of the hospital within 3 hours. Meanwhile, half of my time was spent reading past forum members' mistakes all over the internet (so that I wouldn't make the exact same ones). Reading about valve cores and compressors and such.

Okay so maybe it took me an hour for the first wheel all up. Probably can get that to 15 or 20 minutes for the next wheel.
But still, so far I can't really say that it's a big time or money saver (but they're not the reasons I'm trying it).

More written here about my first attempt at tubeless.

It is nice and satisfying to see that it is still holding air without an innertube! Unbelievable!😱

Back