What’s are these 1992 Fat Chance accessories worth?

racecarjohnny

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, I wasn’t quite sure where to post it. I’ve recently purchased a 92 fat chance team yo eddy. The original owner was a bit eccentric and purchased many items that he would store in a huge warehouse. These items came with the bike and I don’t think I need them but I have no idea what they’re worth included are an NOS Giro, hammerhead SC helmet (L) with what I think are special Yo, Eddie decals. A team jersey and what I think is a medium or large, appears to have been never worn. Also an NOS water bottle. A team fat chance ball cap that has some patina to it, and some non-branded might be matching riding gloves last item, fat chance. Yo, Eddie decal approximately 6“ x 6“. I’d love some advice on the value of these items as I am more into the bikes than the gear. IMG_5263.jpeg

You are maybe better off asking on Fatcogs. I have a few of these items ( as a heads up i paid £66 for the bbc, ~ £100 for the same top, £30 for mint Yo Eddy gloves and £60 ea for original FCC bottles ) and paid top $ for them a few years ago. OC it depends on demand. Ebay auction will give you the true market value or list them on the FAT Facebook groups.

GLWTS

You are maybe better off asking on Fatcogs. I have a few of these items ( as a heads up i paid £66 for the bbc, ~ £100 for the same top, £30 for mint Yo Eddy gloves and £60 ea for original FCC bottles ) and paid top $ for them a few years ago. OC it depends on demand. Ebay auction will give you the true market value or list them on the FAT Facebook groups.

GLWTS
Thanks @M-Power, very much appreciated. Would you sell individually on ebay or as a package deal?

Thanks @M-Power, very much appreciated. Would you sell individually on ebay or as a package deal?
Id place it on different sales channels and see who bites. A fan might want a bundled deal or you could get more splitting if thats your thing. Plenty of people still riding and racing old FATs and its defo well made merch 👍

As @M-Power mentioned eBay will give you it's true value. I'd gauge interest on Fatcogs, but for biggest audience eBay works well, although fees reduce total profit. I'm not on Facebook, but here that things sell well on there via the groups. We have sold all x3 of our boys IslaBikes on FB groups for really good money. Selling individual items would maximise profit and spacing auctions apart so they don't all end at the same time (like 5min intervals) in case people are interested in multiple items. Sunday evenings is usually a good time for auctions to end. I sometimes do a 10 day auction so items are visible over x2 weekends. Just bare in mind as we approach the summer holidays people start going away so audiences can be reduced or people miss stuff with other things going on. Usual time vs. money conundrum! Those are some super desirable bits you have so should sell well. GLWS!

Sold a few of the jerseys, last one went for £75 though it was not NOS. That of course will add value. Also that was in the UK, not sure on prices over your side of the pond. One thing I will say though is hold out for the price you decide on. The jerseys tend to stay around for a bit but will sell eventually. As for value of the jersey, if it is NOS I would list it at £100 to sell it, if I was in no rush I would maybe put it up at £120, though like mentioned earlier, a good gauge of whether it should sell is how many people watch the item in the first week or so, if a few then one will buy it eventually, when they have found the money or justified spending on it, if no one watches it then I would lower it a bit.

Personally I would sell the items individually, selling as a lot will add time to the sale and is dependent on someone wanting the whole lot. No idea on pricing for the other items, the water bottle and cap should sell pretty quickly though, but I think the pricing from @M-Power is a good base.

For me that's crying out for an ebay auction, spread the word on the right forums and you may get a bidding war going.

It's the kind of lot that for some will be a must have, and there are collectors out there with very deep pockets.

Back