For Sale Fat Chance Yo Eddy at ebay.de

PanoIgano

Fat Chance Fan
Hi all,

I noticed this ebay ad for a fat chance that seems to be in a very good state in case anyone is interested:

Although to be honest the price asked is quite a lot IMO.

Do you think 3600 is a fair price to ask?

Not interested for me but just to know what the barley price of such a yo would be.

Thanks,
Panos

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
price with xt could reach 2000 euros max even yo eddy was not famous in 90s It start to be famous in 2000s so later after to be build no history in race in late 80s or 90s. this is not a klein or a yeti arc

price with xt could reach 2000 euros max even yo eddy was not famous in 90s It start to be famous in 2000s so later after to be build no history in race in late 80s or 90s. this is not a klein or a yeti arc
I mean, I beg to differ about when Yo Eddys became “famous”. They were one of the most desirable frames of the early to mid-90s, in the early to mid-90s. Stacks of period magazine coverage too.

No matter. Spec is fairly rudimentary for this quality of frameset. Key value driver for me would be the fork, assuming it’s genuine, paint quality - and of course the dreaded seat tube rust. It’s not in a particularly desirable or iconic colourway.

I would say £1,650 tops with that build.

The thing with xt in early 90 everybody used to ride with xt even pros. . Price vs quality was exellent . Xtr at this time was too expensive and quality i mean about mechanics was very close. So most original bike of this era was mainly st up with xt. My arcas used to ride norba and was set up xt

I think the point here, Uhuru, is not that m737 isn’t high quality - I’m sure we all agree it is.. but rather a Yo (and indeed Yeti and Klein) tended to be used as a clothes horse for high end US CNC kit. Back in the ‘90s and indeed today around these parts..

The commentary around the rudimentary / nothing special build on the bike in question is therefore not a critique of XT, but an observation that at over EUR 3k, we would expect to see it wearing Cooks, Ringle, Grafton, Chris King, maybe some Syncros - and yes, XTR.. and in fact, it is atypical to see this kind of frame dressed so (comparatively) poorly.

DB99BADF-6C3A-47A3-BB77-D186EAF5BC43.jpeg

Latest posts

Back