West Midlands riders say hello

grumpycommuter":onjyzvur said:
raleighrider21":onjyzvur said:
hello all.
been on the forum a while. im in the wonderful sh*tehole that is walsall. been riding bikes all my life, ridden bmx but mainly mtb. always had a thing for retro bikes. not been on any of the rides on here yet but plan to when i get a decent bike. usually seen riding around walsall on this little gem :facepalm:

Walsalls not that bad, Brownhills is far worse :D

Welcome aboard!!
and coalpool is worse than brownhills :LOL:
not long moved into my own place... in brownhills :facepalm:

Having been on here, thought I'd introduce myself.

Based in sunny Tamworth (also known as Yamworth) although I'm not a midlands native. Although I'm on Retrobike a fair bit my main bike is modern and so is my second bike and....so is my road bike! I do have an old 'Dale that I'm rebuilding as a single speed, I just need to finish it!

Riding wise, I tend to gravitate towards descending, jumps, drops but love a good bit of singletrack. I ride at the Chase a lot, as well as Hopwas woods and get over to Wales or up to the Peaks as much as I can.

Here's a pic of me in Peebles...

gUUSi7H.png

If I'm allowed on a retro ride on my modern bike I'd love to attend and would be well up for the Long Mynd ride (if the weathers not too nasty).

Hi All

Signed up yesterday - also fished out an Old Diamond Back Ascent I will be working on and getting moving again.

I am from the Wolverhampton area also

tar

Phil

if anyones up for a bit of a slow ride around some of the local canals one of the weekends just inbox me - im only working Monday-Wednesday so im free the rest of the week usually. can only ride slow right now + need to keep the riding fairly light as only just getting back on after a health problem and my current bike is a shit one lol
just need someone new to ride with lol

weeman_mtb":dsea2144 said:
Fil_b":dsea2144 said:
fished out an Old Diamond Back Ascent.

I am from the Wolverhampton area
Two things that we have in common :) .

My Ascent came from the scrapyard viewtopic.php?f=6&t=114560&hilit=scrapheap , they ride really nicely and you can have a pretty light and responsive bike with a few upgrades.

It's up and running now. New inner tube and new grips.

Still waiting on a comfy seat.

Got my rear light on order.

What you done if you don't mind, and where did you get the decals from?

Fil_b":27zb6864 said:
What you done if you don't mind, and where did you get the decals from?
Since that last update the bike has had some more upgrades, some better wheels(Mavic/LX), XT levers/shifters, red Fred Salmon bars and another change of stem. I just keep an eye out and buy bits and pieces when they come up at the right price. I've also got some XT cranks to go on and some DX brakes but I can't find any time for messing around with bikes at the minute.

The decals were just off a guy who did custom text on Ebay, the bike's not attempt at an original restoration, I just wanted it to look presentable. It's been too long to find the seller on my ebay account, IIRC his service was rubbish anyway, had to chase him up to send me the decals weeks after paying!

I can't wait to start.

It's moving now so that's one bonus.

Not sure where to start yet lol. Another set of wheels for off road maybe...

Hi All. I have been on this great forum a while, but thought a intro would be good...
I'm 16 and live in Worcestershire, I have always been into Mountain Biking, but also ride a BMX.
Completed the HONC 2015... Im into anything Retro, but mainly retro cars (I have a 1980 Ford Fiesta MK1, hence the name).... Anyway just thought I'd say hello! :)

Latest posts

Back