West Midlands riders say hello

mass199":2pten3ie said:
Hello and welcome,

I was thinking of doing the Pearce trail in Hopton woods around this time maybe Sunday the 15th. You are welcome to join me, infact the more the merrier.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/ourw ... rkPearceXC

Hi mass, sure that looks great! I've never ridden there. I'm up for it but will need to get an MTB as mine are here in KL. I will check out ebay to see if i can grab a suitable bike. Making it reliable for the trails will be no problem with decent tyres, cables etc. So let's aim for 15th at Hopton if that's OK and I'll keep you updated on my bike hunt..!

Can't help out out with a bike, the trail is more xc than trail centre so a ridged bike will be fine. my mate rode it on carbon forks last time, Pearce cycles hire bikes so this may be an option?

mass199":2r8vb5tj said:
Pearce cycles hire bikes so this may be an option?

Yes that would be a good back up solution. I fancy owning a Retro MTB in UK to zip around on so i'll try to get one. The bike hire back-up is great as it means i can commit to being there. Thanks for the tip ;)

mass199":gdrge67h said:
Can't help out out with a bike, the trail is more xc than trail centre so a ridged bike will be fine. my mate rode it on carbon forks last time, Pearce cycles hire bikes so this may be an option?

Got a bike now (this Marin off ebay) and will have enough days after picking it up to make sure it's trail-worthy. It's sub 11kg cro-mo and all XT so certainly decent enough quality. I don't mind riding rigid off road so it'll be fine. So i'll be all set if you're still up for it.

RadNomad":18gcjkag said:
Got a bike now (this Marin off ebay) and will have enough days after picking it up to make sure it's trail-worthy. It's sub 11kg cro-mo and all XT so certainly decent enough quality. I don't mind riding rigid off road so it'll be fine. So i'll be all set if you're still up for it.

Looks in good nick bud and at a good price too ;) Well done!

PopsTrippin":2umuxrsb said:
RadNomad":2umuxrsb said:

Looks in good nick bud and at a good price too ;) Well done!

Yes i'm well happy, a decent branded bike one of their better ones in the range BITD, triple butted fork, one owner, unmolested original condition, full XT kit and all for less than 80 quid! I've paid that much for a seat post in the past!

hello all.
been on the forum a while. im in the wonderful sh*tehole that is walsall. been riding bikes all my life, ridden bmx but mainly mtb. always had a thing for retro bikes. not been on any of the rides on here yet but plan to when i get a decent bike.

raleighrider21":fbboizo9 said:
hello all.
been on the forum a while. im in the wonderful sh*tehole that is walsall. been riding bikes all my life, ridden bmx but mainly mtb. always had a thing for retro bikes. not been on any of the rides on here yet but plan to when i get a decent bike. usually seen riding around walsall on this little gem :facepalm:

Walsalls not that bad, Brownhills is far worse :D

Welcome aboard!!

Back