West Coast rides thread

I've got three weeks in July when the gaffer is away with the kiddies at her folks' house en France. Which means I have 21 beautiful guilt-free days of riding (bikes) to entertain myself with.

Hoping to get a couple of decent road rides in (maybe Arran, or Three Ferries, or some kind of Rest 'n' Be Thankful loop) and no doubt a couple of off-road forays too (I can suggest some Argyll trails, but anything on the 'mainland' will need to come from others).

I'll post up again nearer the time with a better idea of plans, but is there any appetite for getting something set up amongst the West Coasters?

Shanner":2g9fcvfl said:
Are you affiliated with West Coast Velo at all, was thinking of signing up.

No . MacRetro / Retrobike is not affiliated to any clubs as far as I know.

Re:

I shall be taking a couple of MacRetro compadres round some local trails on Monday night if anyone is interested. Fairlie and Kelburn. I wouldn't say it's exactly retro friendly though, couple of guys have done but I don't think they exactly enjoyed it. Will be about 1800/1830 at Fairlie.

Just saw this. Another time maybe. Not fit and no suitable bike at the mo. Should be a good one , the sun is still shining !
Who's going , ZZ ?

Re:

that would've been good Kaiser, been enjoying your pic's of the vacintity on strava recently.. however I'm not at liberty these week day evenings, got teeth to brush, cartoons to watch and bed time stories to read

i do have a day of freedom on saturday, nothing confirmed yet but had suggested a possible loop of GT black to radek if anyone's interested

Ach, nae luck gents... Myself and Radek are nipping over. Should be good, looks like the last of the nice weather for a few days too...

Re: Re:

gmac123":3h51xmn9 said:
i do have a day of freedom on saturday, nothing confirmed yet but had suggested a possible loop of GT black to radek if anyone's interested

Tweedlove enduro this weekend, so I'd check what's open first. Be pretty busy in general around there just now.

Back