West Coast Racing - KAMIKAZE

I've only just found this thread. Did you ever get it finished?

Cykik were in Middlesbrough by the way. It was a properly cool shop!

Neilios":2erlxl5w said:
I've only just found this thread. Did you ever get it finished?

Cykik were in Middlesbrough by the way. It was a properly cool shop!

Thanks for your interest :D I still haven’t found a seatpost I’m happy with yet! Hopefully something suitable will show up soon and I’ll get it finished.

This one was sent from the builder to Cykik in Glasgow who built it up for the previous owner.

Re:

I'm a bit late to the party too, fantastic find though and a great read so far. It's always cool when you track down the builder and he is still happy to share a back story :cool:

I do wonder if the lack of heat treating led to the cracking? Saying that this one must have stood the test of the time.

As for the graphics, I personally like them and wouldn't mind seeing them back on the frame. They remind me a bit of Fat Willy's surf shack, a bit of a Cornish Institution and the best reason to head down there as a kid back in the day :)

Attachments

• 0_LT_CL_1120719fatwilly_02.jpg
    0_LT_CL_1120719fatwilly_02.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 94
1978":3jyr0t2l said:
This one was sent from the builder to Cykik in Glasgow who built it up for the previous owner.

Well I never! Apparently they did have a branch in Glas Vegas for a short while. I never knew that. :oops:

This is a really interesting thread. I always wondered about the story behind this bike. I had one too but it developed a crack so I sold it to a friend who was going to have it repaired. I believe he still has it tucked away in his loft (unrepaired). Here's a pic of mine from way back...

Screenshot_20170929-174121.png

Back