WARNING!!! Parcelforce

Recently had an Amazon parcel delivered to my house via Yodel, note left through the door stating the parcel was over the side gate.
Thats a locked, 6 foot 6 solid gate, and it had been thrown over, the best part was it wasnt even for me! Got the house number right, but the street/postcode was totally different. :roll:

Did the decent thing and delivered it to the correct person myself.

hamster":1zc1lgu7 said:
I suggest that you take them to the small claims court. They will probably be so disorganised that they will not appear.
Typically the judge will get kindly, and also remind you about your loss of earnings to appear, travel costs etc. It worked for a pal of mine.

It's very simple to do.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... /DG_195812

This

Sounds like you have all the evidence, write one more letter to them threatening it, listing everything you have supplied so far (times, dates and recorded letter number) and then give them a time-scale to respond with your refund and compensation, I would suggest 7 working days. If you have heard nothing after this time moneyclaimonline their asses having the paper served by a court appointed bailiff.

Carl.

tintin40":fjjvfl9k said:
="supaflyi didnt realise i had to be so formal on a forum, spell check everything and make sure my grammer is 100% :roll:

Agree.

It is after all just a chatroom on bikes not a life or death issue.

It wasn't intended as criticism of the post; I was pointing out a cold, hard fact in that people in general, and people on the receiving end of a complaint (one among many...) in particular react very differently depending exactly how the complaint is approached.

It was drummed into me early on by a friend who was an examiner; If you have two theses which are to all intents and purposes identical, each as accurate and informative as the other, the one that is grammatically correct and well presented will outscore the other every time because the people doing the marking get f*cked off with the poor quality submissions they have to contend with (witness the number of times it has been pointed out on here that many young people today are poorly equipped to integrate into the workforce...).

It's the same when making a complaint; to the the complainee(sic) their complaint is the focus of their attention, they're not bothered about the hundreds and thousands of other complaints going through the same channels.

However, the person on the receiving end who has to assess the legitimacy of each complaint based on its merits is going to have an ingrained response to each and every piece of paper that goes through their hands, get it wrong and you may as well forget all about it because the assumption has been made...

It was the same when I worked on the newspaper; correspondence that arrived under the heading 'Letters to the Editor' was opened and sorted into piles based purely on first impressions, they weren't even read. One pile went straight in the bin, the other was scanned for anything worth reading.

...whether you like that or not is irrelevant, it's a dog-eat-dog world we live in.

PS: Try complaining in 'txt-spk' and see where it gets you! (I add that postscript because there have been many examples on here of peoples' displeasure at having to read posts from 'younger' members who seem to have been born with thumbs only... ;)

Blimey, I hope I never have to deal with whoever you work for, unless I use the Queens english and have been to a public school I'll be brushed off as riff-raff. :roll:

It shouldn't matter how well a claim is presented, as long as it gives the relevant information clearly it should be dealt with the same as any other. Making excuses as to why companies might treat people differently based on their language or presentation skills is a complete lame duck argument, it just shouldn't happen.

Hang on, I've got it - Do you work for Parcelforce? :D :D ;)

Agree, it shouldn't make a blind bit of difference - and 30 years ago it wouldn't, but we live in a very different society today where the majority of people are out for what they can get.

Endemic insurance fraud drives up the cost of policies for us all - and fraudulent claims against courier companies are just another manifestation of this disease.

I know what I've said above can be taken as pompous and patronizing if you are of a mind, but I never have any problems with any complaint I have to make - hence the number of letters/phone calls I get asked for by other people.

If you see me returning something in a shop for example it can be embarrassing the better a standard of customer service I receive than half the other people in the queue ;)

Latest posts

Back