WARNING!!! Parcelforce

supafly

Retro Newbie
If you do and they damage your bike (or parcel)as they did mine they will try to grease thier way out of paying up for it at every posseble oppertunity.

I ordered a bike to be collected in september, they colected it (orange 5 pro) and then they lost it, i had it booked for next day delivery, needless to say it never turned up and they had no idea where it was. When it did turn up it was late and damaged.

The site said i had to fill out a form and send it off. So thats what i done, i spent £3 on photo's, copied the reciept for the bike, added all the forms i needed to in with the claim sheet and sent it by reccorded delivery.

6 weeks pass and no reply, i had sent them 4 emails also, no reply. so Eventually i manage to get a phone number as they make this whole process very drawn out. I phoned it and the lady tries to tell me that they never got the claim, i said yes you did, no we never.......i sent it by reccorded delivery....ahh, ok lets have the code. I gave the lady the code and she replies "oh yes we did get it, we must of lost it". well how convienient! they loose the bike and now all the doccuments, good job i made copies!

So i had to do the whole thing again, copied all the papers and sent them off reccorded. I get a reply asking me to fill this and that in and a questionaire which was supposed to be sent to the guy that sold me the bike, they cant even get that right.

2 months down the line and they keep asking me for this and that hoping i dont have any of it so they can withdraw my claim. They asked if the packaging is still their for viewing.....a huge box, 2 month down the line. now ive bought a few bikes lately and flug out a few boxes so i replied no i dont think i do have the box.

I get a letter saying "We are sorry for the damage to your bike but as you have no packaging for us to view (bear in mind i sent them all the pics they needed) we can no longer process your claim and we do not owe you anything."

WRONG! they owe me the money for the late delivery as the advert stated "if we do not deliver on time, we will refund the postage costs"

This company is full of snakes, horrible little business people trying to slime their way out of coughing up for any damage at every posseble oppertunity and they are useless at their job from what ive seen with this farce.

How and ever i found the box and got in touch with them. i had to go through an appeal process and send everything to this email, they couldnt even give me the correct email address.

well today i decided enough was enough, give me my postage money back, i hate dealing with parcelfarce, so i phoned to get my postage back...the lady said you need your proof/ reciept of postage, i said is this a joke? you have my tracking number, i obviously paid for it to be posted and i lost the head saying your company are bunch of ******* arseholes who try to worm their way out of paying up. Then she hung up the phone because i swore.....no wonder i swore, nearly 3 months they have been pissing me about.

So i phoned again and spoke to someone else and they said i needed to send them my reciept of postage....they never gave me one, it was all done on line!

So they will look at their reccords for it and refund my postage.
I doubt i will ever use them again, they are the most useless courier company going, this must be how they stay afloat, not compensating people.

If you value your belongings, DONT USE PARCELFARCE!!! if you do then you MUST keep every little detail or they wont pay up.

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare for you there dude! Its horrible when these faceless companies screw you over, then have the audacity to take the moral high ground when we, the customer, get irrate at their lack of professionalism and curtosy

I would make every effort to take the matter higher.... as high as possible

Good luck

G

Unfortunately, Parceforce are no better/worse than most other courier companies.

If something gets damaged in transit, then it's usually a horrendous process trying to get compensation as, like you say, they ask you for all sorts of things as proof, and make you fill out countless forms.

As with most businesses, they don't want to have to pay out money to people unless it's absolutely 100% necessary, which is why they ask for so much information when you make a claim - they're hoping that you won't have all of it as it gives them an easy way out.

I'd be half tempted to find a bike shop that stocks Orange, and see if they've got a box lying around that you could use (if you can get your hands on a 5 Pro box, then even better as they can see that the bike and box match). Then get back in touch with Parcelforce to say that you have found the packaging after all ;)

Barneyballbags":heuj736t said:
Unfortunately, Parceforce are no better/worse than most other courier companies.

Agree. City link delivered my new Mac to a house 3 doors away dispite the house saying it's not for them. They just dumped it on them and drove off. Lucky they are honest and left a note for me to collect from them.

Keep fighting the Post office and get every penny from them

Ironically, of all the rolling ads that we have at the bottom of the pages now, whe I just looked at this thread, the ad was for worldwide parcel delivery :roll:

G

I don't wish to be unkind but when you have to complain about anything the end result all depends on how you go about said complaint in the first place.

Rightly or wrongly, if your e-mails to Parcel Force contained as many mistakes as your post above the person on the receiving end is going to make 'assumptions' as to the legitimacy of your claim - unfair I know, but that's how people are. If you then compounded that with a poor telephone manner you really are on a hiding to nothing!

Yes, they do make you jump through hoops but that is a symptom of the society we live in where far too many people are quite happy to make fraudulent claims, thereby spoiling it for the rest of us.

In my experience, robust items are unlikely to be 'damaged in transit' and this is the attitude of the majority of courier companies. If it is however, it stands to reason that at some point they are going to want to see the original packaging for themselves as photo's, like statistics, and be made to prove almost anything!

Good luck with your claim, but if at all possible I would get someone to act on your behalf who won't get hot under the collar in the face of Parcel Forces intransigence...

We_are_Stevo":2afjczco said:
I don't wish to be unkind but when you have to complain about anything the end result all depends on how you go about said complaint in the first place.

Rightly or wrongly, if your e-mails to Parcel Force contained as many mistakes as your post above the person on the receiving end is going to make 'assumptions' as to the legitimacy of your claim - unfair I know, but that's how people are. If you then compounded that with a poor telephone manner you really are on a hiding to nothing!

Yes, they do make you jump through hoops but that is a symptom of the society we live in where far too many people are quite happy to make fraudulent claims, thereby spoiling it for the rest of us.

In my experience, robust items are unlikely to be 'damaged in transit' and this is the attitude of the majority of courier companies. If it is however, it stands to reason that at some point they are going to want to see the original packaging for themselves as photo's, like statistics, and be made to prove almost anything!

Good luck with your claim, but if at all possible I would get someone to act on your behalf who won't get hot under the collar in the face of Parcel Forces intransigence...

i didnt realise i had to be so formal on a forum, spell check everything and make sure my grammer is 100% :roll: im more than capable of talking to people, being hot under the coller was the result of being arsed about for 3 months....or was it all too gramaticaly incorrect for you to read and understand?

We_are_Stevo said:

get a life them cunts are in the wrong not the fella whos bike got wrecked :x

My top tip.

Complain properly. If response is inadequate find out the chief executive's e-mail address and e-mail them with a cc to the persons(s) you have been dealing with and their generic customer relations address.

Usually gets things resolved for me.

I just summarise my complaint and the inadequate way that it is being dealt with and ask them if they think it is acceptable.

Has worked for me with Parcelforce and B&Q in recent years.

I even received a phone call from the head of Parcelforce to apologise last time!

In this case try moya.green@royalmail.com

Back