Wanted: Size 15/16 MTB

unofficial

Dirt Disciple
Hey I have been desperately looking for a bike for my girlfriend for about 7 months now to do a bike trip but where I live it is hard to find retro bikes and basically never in smaller sizes.

What I need, something light, something very good quality (without being stupid-expensive collector like yeti, fat chance, etc), and of course in the right size (15 to 16.5 in). It does not have to be NOS or even close but I am not looking for a project rather either ready to roll or just a tuneup/ recabling etc. Basically if it needs to be fixed it has to be something I can do quickly and cheaply.

My initial thoughts: Trek 950 and upwards, Stumpjumpers, Konas and such seem to be the kind of bikes that are in the optimal price VS quality scale. Cool colours and fun bikes are a plus and those were just suggestions if you have equivalent ideas.

I live in Sweden so unfortunately the shipping will suck but I have run out of options and just can't source a bike locally that fits our needs... So I will have to pay that premium to get it. Thanks!

Andrii, thnos, they look like nice frames but our trip is at the end of the month so I don't have time for a full project but cheers, for everyone that has messaged thanks a bunch and give me chance to look through what you have all sent!

I have a full suss Jamis complete bike, that needs a little fettling. All alu frame, mostly XT and Control Tech components. Not cheap and nasty, or boutique. Size is 15/16"

Back