Wanted: Look Fork for '99 Stuart O'Grady Team bike replica

dadoflam

Dirt Disciple
Earlier this year I had some amazing luck on this forum finding an orphan fork for an x-4 Bianchi frame I was given - seems I'm back again with a similar quest.

Jan 2018 marks the 20th anniversary of the Tour Downunder event in my home town. The original edition was won by Stuart O'Grady riding his Credit Agricole Look KG281 Team bike and I have been asked to build a replica to exhibit at the event next year. Stuart O'Grady lives locally and has been very helpful with information including details of the frame size and cockpit details that I need.

I have tracked down a KG281 frameset which I am re-finishing in the Credit Agricole colour scheme. The problem I have is that while most KG281's - including the one I have - were sold with the Look HSC 2 straight-bladed fork with threadless steerer to use an ahead stem, Credit Agricole's bikes were fitted with the Look LDS Pro 2 straight-bladed fork which have a 1" threaded steerer to use a quill stem. I believe CA were the last team to use a quill stem in the peloton.

My quest is to find either a Look LDS Pro 2 fork, or a similar straight bladed carbon fork with 1" threaded steerer. I have looked but have not found any other fork that matches this description although suspect that Colnago would have used something similar for their bikes around that time.

I am willing to pay all costs of course if someone has a suitable candidate lurking in their bike cave. Suggestions are also very welcome if anyone has an idea.

Attachments

• Look CA Frame 1280.jpg
    Look CA Frame 1280.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 513
  • Look cat-1999 - Forks.jpg
    Look cat-1999 - Forks.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 513
  • Look HSC Fork Threaded.jpg
    Look HSC Fork Threaded.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 512

Latest posts

Back