'WALTER' - M-Trax 150 Comp (1997)

It's a lovely bike and fantastic that you're appreciating what I honestly believe to be the golden age of Raleigh. The M-Trax and Dyna tech lines were fantastic bikes, although I do have a soft spot for the 1999 RSP range. I bet there's not much discernible difference between Walter or an Explosif on the road (don't shoot me Kona fans, I own and love an Explosif). Good job, how much weight have you lost then?

Walter is a paragon of what can be achieved with love.

As the Product Manager responsible for Raleigh Special Products until 2000, I am so pleased the frames we made back then are getting the appreciation they always deserved. Often admired and indeed, praised in magazine tests, only now are they finding their correct place in the hands of caring owners.

The aquisition of Diamondback sounded the deathknell for RSP, and ultimatley the end of high end frame production at Raleigh. :cry:

Something about that gunmetal colour, it looks like an updated, posh version of a Maverick 15. Which is a good thing.

Stick a New Success derailleur on it :cool:

Bikemeister et al, I'm so late with a response it's actually surreal - but just saw yr comment, ha it really made mine and Walter's day, much appreciated, I love to see these bikes get the credit they deserve.

Now I'm a Raleigh fan-boy! First bike was a Tomahawk, last (never selling this) was an M-trax.

Walter's still in the same trim except for new matching mudguards, will post him up after the spring-clean

Re:

bikemeister2000":wthd1eft said:

As the Product Manager responsible for Raleigh Special Products until 2000, I am so pleased the frames we made back then are getting the appreciation they always deserved. Often admired and indeed, praised in magazine tests, only now are they finding their correct place in the hands of caring owners.

The aquisition of Diamondback sounded the deathknell for RSP, and ultimatley the end of high end frame production at Raleigh. :cry:

Wow, I never imagined that we had somebody here on retrobike so closely connected to the creation of the bikes I rode and lusted after back in the day (and still now). I currently own two MT3 framed bikes, and I'm buying at least one more soon :) It was a real shame that Raleigh stopped their high end bikes. On the subject of the RSP bikes, I've always wondered why the M Trax line came about in the first place, when it overlapped somewhat with the Dynatechs?

Re: Re:

ultrazenith":3s6byctz said:
bikemeister2000":3s6byctz said:

Wow, I never imagined that we had somebody here on retrobike so closely connected to the creation of the bikes I rode and lusted after back in the day (and still now). It was a real shame that Raleigh stopped their high end bikes. On the subject of the RSP bikes, I've always wondered why the M Trax line came about in the first place, when it overlapped somewhat with the Dynatechs?

Re:

wmi3qa.jpg

Have lost 2.5 stone, another couple to go. Call it slow and sure ;-)

Back