Vittorio Strada randonneur

gmac123":6jflycw0 said:
Yet another very interesting bike in pristine condition, fantastic.

Love the detail of the frame and the chain disc thing,have never encoutered that before. The bars look very Lemond 90, or were those scott bars a reincarnation of a a previous suggestion.

Thank you.

Bars: I think they are the same Nitto made(?) bars, but in this case branded Specialized instead of Scott. Indeed used by Lemond/team Z.

This was the configuration I did maiden ride with >>>

6117567609_e9550732be_b.jpg

* Intermezzo * :)

There is a 3rd Strada next to the white/gold and this brown/gold one. When I acquired it I knew I were pushing the limits a bit with the sizing ...and a bit too much to be honest. I couldn't resist.

6114298246_74568a5f27_b.jpg

Pic from right after collection. Mostly Nuovo Record and a nice Cinelli cockpit with "Vittorio" pantographed 1R stem.

Ivo":1m8vojfa said:
Which racks are you going to mount? If you're still looking for a pair, the Blackburns are still on sale and fit in with the period of the bike.

I purchased a titanium rear rack from Tubus. In case of faillure on route they can't be welded like steel, but where I plan to go you can buy new racks in shops anyway.

Good is that this minimalistic looking rack weighs circa 350 gram and there is no coat that could be damaged.

Back