Viking European

Re:My Viking European

I too have a Viking European . Its in metallic leaf green. I bought it new from Steve Bee cycles in Horndean, Hants in late 70's early 80's . It was an impulse buy - I thought it looked great. However, when I got a more time consuming job and moved cycling stopped and the bike languished in the back of a damp garage for too long.

When I returned to cycling it was in similar condition to yours so I bought a new bike. The Viking was stripped down and put aside awaiting an eventual resto. Now I have retired that time has come.

As said my bike looks just like yours except its metallic light green colour. I had to take it back to the shop soon after purchase as the campag Nuovo Gran Sport front mech packed up. It was replaced by the previous matchbox style Campag mech. This was just as bad so I replaced it with a Shimano. I think I threw the matchbox out (they are now very expensive on ebay !). My saddle is just like yours but still has a Viking sticker on the side. Stem,handlebars, crankset. Pedals brakes just like yours but I think your front hub is different. I even bought the same pump as you have. I would be interested if you have done a frame resto /rebuild as any tips would be useful e g. Paint used etc. JOHN

Back