Very Rare Gary Fisher Grateful Dead

everest30":ood1m9pp said:
Gary Fisher predominantly USA - The originator of the modern Mountain Bike...between him and Richard Burke (TREK) both USA, we would have nothing.
Compare what GF had to offer in 1995 and our alternative bike for the UK market, Raleigh? No comparrison.

wrong.

Without the wheel we'd have nothing!

Sorry.

Ive just seen them quite frequently on Ebay US over the years.
Or maybe its the same bike :roll:

J

Sorry.... ;)
Me on my high horse...it's not about the quality of the bike or it's components. It's about a rare piece of history in Gary Fishers' life when he befriended the drummer of the Grateful Dead and got the artist Prarie Prince to come up with the design.

I agree I have just bought a full XTR bike for under £250 including Flite seat, CrossMax and V good frame, so STX for £700 pushing it IMHO.

Anyhow what price the tyres including shipping?

:cool:

Everyone has an opinon...you either love it or ahte it. Not the best bike in the world and STX not the best components, but unique compared to what your mates were riding.
Looks like it goes back in the shed and we have this conversation in 10 years time.............

all true, but still a shame for those tyres to just sit there instead of touching the mud on one of my Explosif's.
I'd happily send you something more suitable for storage.
:cool: :LOL: :cool:

Yep, such a shame....have you tried to get hold of these tyres... impossible. And if you use them, you'd never replace them. It's the same with the bike....any stone chips or scratches and it's instantly devalued and you would not be able to replace the graphics like a normal retro respray to get it back to new. You only have to look at other restoration projects...respray, change components to deore, new wheels etc., ... look good but not original.
I could turn my low end Saracen into the top end model by changing the components and no-one would know the difference. Apart from the Kili they all had the same frame.

Back