Very Rare Gary Fisher Grateful Dead

everest30

Dirt Disciple
I am thinking about parting with my very special limited edition Gary Fisher Grateful Dead. Very reluctant to do this because it will never be replaced.
It must go for the right money, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own. If you have a serious offer, please PM me.
It's pretty much immaculate. The brake levers are slighty pitted, a couple of chips where the handle bars have spun and cought the top tube, rear block needs replacing as I replaced the chain and never changed the block (but it has never been ridden on new chain)
If I don't get a serious offer it will stay with me for posterity !
DSC00440.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

Hi mate,

Lovely looking bike.

Forum rules are that all for sale items must include a price.

Chris.

Price

Sorry......missed out price and hence broke the rules :(
Seen a 19" FRAME ONLY on eBay for £309
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
Based on this, Price must be £700.
If this is unreasonable, try and find another or let me know what you think it's woth.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Fisher

Although we're not supposed to comment, but as your a newbie A bit of friendly advice:- Won't like this bud, but the frames were never anything special and the components are very very low rent, IMHO, try Ebay, you would be lucky to make a third of that on here really, Splitting WILL ALWAYS realise much more money, I would consider this seriously.

I wouldnt consider these that rare they turn up on Ebay US quite frequently IMHO.
Nice though!
Gary Fisher predominantly USA - The originator of the modern Mountain Bike...between him and Richard Burke (TREK) both USA, we would have nothing.
Compare what GF had to offer in 1995 and our alternative bike for the UK market, Raleigh? No comparrison. I agree basic components, but he history with Gary Fisher (our founder!) makes this a piece of history. From records, the Grateful Dead Decal was only available to order for LBS and as such in th UK (no-one knowing who Grateful Dead were) there were very few orders. There maybe only 500 ever produced worldwide in the nineties and even fewer sold in the UK.
As such, it would be extremely unlikely you ever find another example in the UK.

Back