V Brakes on a '94 Kona...Any ideas how???

Jimmy oldskool

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
As the title...I have this little Fire mountain that is lovely, just needs a spec uplift and I want to put V's on it but my head is fried by the little collar cable guide around the seat tube...any ideas? 🤔

As the title...I have this little Fire mountain that is lovely, just needs a spec uplift and I want to put V's on it but my head is fried by the little collar cable guide around the seat tube...any ideas? 🤔

Some people drill the collar out and run the cable through it or put a cable stop in it. You can also buy clamp on stops for the cable. Personally I have always just ran full length outers and removed the clamp, works fine but you need to zip tie the cable on.

You can get clamp on cable stops, single or double stop, I used something similar to run a v-brake on a '91 Hahanna.
There are various makes available eg...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thats similar to my 1995 rockhopper.

i had a tube around the seat post so i just used full length cables and secured to the top tube with a small clamp i got off aliexpress.

Attachments

• specialized rockhopper 6.jpg
    specialized rockhopper 6.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 9
Those little collars used to go for pretty good money - those and the square front fork mount cable stop. Not sure about now but don't chuck it before checking.

Back in the day I solved the problem with an old Animal watch strap.

I've always wondered why these clamps mounted on the top tube when it would look nicer on the seat tube.

Back