USE suspension forks?

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I'm looking for any info on the USE forks below. Google hasn't thrown up much at all.

I'm wanting to try suspension on my P7, but was cursing the 1" headtube until I remembered I had these forks tucked away in the shed.
One leg has what looks like the bits from one of their suspension seat posts inside it.
The other leg has a Schraeder valve, but what pressure?
I also need some M6 (I think) brake bosses.
The disc mount is for a Sachs Powerdisc I believe , looks like it can be unbolted.

A manual would be great, would be nice to know what else is inside the fork, otherwise I'll start with a low air pressure and see how it goes.

Attachments

• DSC_0475-450x798.JPG
    DSC_0475-450x798.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,444
  • _20190627_204745-671x375.JPG
    _20190627_204745-671x375.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,444
  • _20190627_204837-390x859.JPG
    _20190627_204837-390x859.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,444
You could try contacting Chris (cherrybomb) hasnt been on for a while but is into his USE forks :)

Mark

Re:

I've heard use are quite good supporting their old stuff. Might be worth firing them a question.

Re:

Cheers guys, I emailed USE the other day, perhaps I'll get a reply next week.
I'll try messaging Cherrybomb as well.
I'd not considered the Englund Air cartridge, but it makes sense.
I've put around 35psi into the fork at the moment and it appears to be holding air ok (I was just going off Marzocchi air pressures, figured it was a low pressure system), will need to play around with the air pressure though.
I don't think the forks have seen any USE ;) in years, some silicone spray on the stanchions has freed them up hugely.

They're usable as they are, just need to get some M6 brake bosses and they're good to go :D

Re:

Got a reply from USE, they don't have a manual, and the only spares they still stock are the elastomers (which I believe are the same ones used in their suspension seatpost).

Anyone have an idea where I can get brake bosses? I think they're M6/M6? Will check this evening though...

Re:

USE don't have any spares. I contacted them a couple of years ago & they had chucked loads of stuff out about two weeks earlier :roll:

I've got a spare pair that I could be persuaded to part with. Complete with original titanium brake bosses. All the bolts & fixings were Ti originally. They are the same age as yours, but without the disk mount. (both lowers are the same). The air side leg is a bit past it's best, but plenty of spares could be had from them. ;)

I'll try & dig out the instruction manual & a spare set of decals I have. We moved a couple of months ago, so it may take a while to dig them out.

Oh, and that spring isn't original,they would have been all elastomer when new, with plastic spacers betwen the elastomers which had pins which pushed into the ends of the individual elastomers to hold them together if I remember correctly (been a while since I've had them apart.

The air chamber is the upper stanchion tube, it's not a seperate item. The legs will come apart if you unscrew the silver ring out of the top of the lower with a pin spanner. They then just pull apart. ;)

Theyre pretty simple really, certainly easy enough to work out without instructions.

Back