Marzocchi z2 atom sport help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Recently acquired these forks and would like to use them on a retro build but I don't know my wat around these forks, more familiar with rockshox and fox.

I'm after any advice on running these forks as well as servicing.

They've got air valves on the top of each leg. What pressures do I need to put into them? Assume the same each side?

There seems to be something missing adjuster wise in the lower leg? What is this adjuster for, compression, rebound? What's missing and assuming it's not broken, what do I need to find to complete it?

Info on servicing and parts needed gratefully received. It's pretty tidy but would like to tear it down and make sure it's all good before fitting.

Thsnks

Attachments

• PSX_20230708_004936.jpg
    PSX_20230708_004936.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PSX_20230708_004954.jpg
    PSX_20230708_004954.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PSX_20230708_005007.jpg
    PSX_20230708_005007.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 7
The guys on the Retro Marzocchi MTB Group on Facebook are very knowledgeable. I have serviced the earlier Z2's with coil springs but not that version. The earlier forks are really simple and straightforward.

Pretty much the same as the springs but the spring are taken out and top caps changed for an air valve.
Easy to service.

Manual may be in the archive, but they will be on https://public-repository.org/ among other

Basically, undo bolts at bottom, slide lowers off.
Take top caps off, and check.
Check bushing, check seals.
Clean and put back together with some 7.5Wt oil or whatever as needed.
If anything, then leaks, fix it.
Year 2001

Last edited:
So from the exploded diagram I may be missing the damper adjuster dial parts.

Anyone know where I can get spares from?

I think for these it is just a black plastic thing that goes over the Allen end fixing.
Actually a quick look, this is the big sealing disc with knob on it, just pushes over the and and seals into the tube (stop it rattling and falling off I guess)

Could easily just use a socket set pliers to turn it.
Or look in the Z3 Air as that uses the same one and has better pictures.

Last edited:
Back