[UPDATED] Ok, I collected it..but what is it?[now with pics]

So assuming the Crud mounts are not additionally added at any point its more likely to be a brit made/designed frame, or at least made with our climate in mind.

Orange bikes had them, but sounds like we are discounting that based on the seatstay/top tube arrangement.

I thought Rock lobsters were US or far east manufactured to US designs at least...and are surely less likely to have those mounts.

hmm still confused.

I'm sure I remember another company speccing their frames with Cud mounts at one point. I don't think Merlin ever did a frame like that, they never has wishbone rear ends as far as I can remember, or Crud mounts :? . Rocky Mountain springs to mind for some reason, but I don't think this frame is an RM.

the seat stay arrangement is a little RM, but they are normally much higher than the top tube I thought, where as this is only just higher.

I'm hoping I can tell more about it when I collect it, but sadly that wont be until saturday as im off away on business for the next few days.

RM did use wishbone rear end other than the e-stay, I have a steel one to prove it ;)

Not much of an XTR groupset on their as far as I can see...

Yeah, the modern Deore cranks dont scream out XTR to me either, I'm hoping the rear mech's an M900 though. Its all rather a gamble on my part. got the whole thing for less than £90 so hoepfully I wont be left too much out of pocket if it all goes tits up.

The brake/RF+ look like they could be XTR (M900) from the pictures, rear mech maybe but would need to be newer or M910, front mech. But the canti's are diacomp or similar.

Argh the wait, the wait... especial more so when you really want to see what everything is.

Back