For Sale Re-Wilding Sale - new items added 24/3 - see P12 of thread

You can just swop the ends and easily cut a new circlip groove in it. The repros made today sometimes offer this. The star nut should still fit fine as its quality thin wall Ti 🤔
But the trough portion of the threads creates a thinner sidewall thickness? Or is this a negligible observation? I want to replace what is pressed into my Ultimate Machine Co. crown with Ti. I am definitely curious about your suggestion in part not being able to find a Ti 1-1/8 ahead tube anywhere and sometimes life just needs to move forward.

But the trough portion of the threads creates a thinner sidewall thickness? Or is this a negligible observation? I want to replace what is pressed into my Ultimate Machine Co. crown with Ti. I am definitely curious about your suggestion in part not being able to find a Ti 1-1/8 ahead tube anywhere and sometimes life just needs to move forward.
0C70C8A1-3F9D-44EF-A1AA-399BBC2A3D03.jpeg

It depends to some extent how much steerer you need for your frame. It should be secure from coming loose with its spring clip or maybe part embed the threaded section. This is the best quality SRP Ti so I would trust it for general riding but if you hit black runs regularly its probably not ideal. There is a seller called Christian from Germany who sells custom Ti steerers. I could not find his ebay FS section atm and his prices for Ti steerers have gone up a lot + there is import on top.

MP

30842365-855E-4A4A-8172-AC0CFF2116CF.jpeg That’s the crown I have there in your photo. IIRC I need about 260 mm, which gives me about 2cm of spacers up top and a stem. Unfortunately I think yours is far to short for my application

Mhm, his sales are completely down. Not sure what is going on but he was out of stock of just about everything plus his ti steer tubes- to the benefit of you. I am in Germany as well so there’s no import charges from that seller.

Last edited:
View attachment 710114That’s the crown I have there in your photo. IIRC I need about 260 mm, which gives me about 2cm of spacers up top and a stem. Unfortunately I think yours is far to short for my application

Mhm, his sales are completely down. Not sure what is going on but he was out of stock of just about everything plus his ti steer tubes- to the benefit of you. I am in Germany as well so there’s no import charges from that seller.

I would just order some 1 1/8th in grade 9 Ti tubing direct from a supplier then. I have bought quite a few Ti steerers from Christian over the years and they are beautifully made. Sure he will make another batch sometime. Good luck anyway đź‘Ť

MP

Can I ask about the ..... Manitou OEM crown/steerers X2. ÂŁ50ea

The one pictured looks like 1 1/4"? Do you have a 1 1/8th with a bit more length? :oops:

Back